This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Star Citizen looks like crap :(

#1apollooooPosted 8/16/2014 4:38:37 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/dogfighting-in-star-citizen-gamescom/2300-6420861/

-cluttered UI
-weird controls ( you're in a spaceship and it looks like you're just fixed on one posistion, then move the camera, then go straight, then stop again, turn around then go again. that footage feels like we have to make a stop everytime we have to turn the ship and it looks keyboard controlled instead of mouse
-that attack came out of nowhere and the FOV is very narrow. it means we have to turn around like crazy to find the hostile ships

on the other side, No Man's Sky looks great
---
http://i.imgur.com/1gwjw39.png
Thanks nayr for the nice pic <3. If i make typos it means i am on my touchsreen phone.
#2SpazH3dPosted 8/16/2014 4:55:53 AM
Oh look at me I'm making a thread pointing out pointless flaws to make everyone rage. I sure hope they will all bite!

Protip: if you wanna troll about No Mans Sky, then go to the xbox board. We're getting it too.
---
- My vision is augmented
#3onikayPosted 8/16/2014 5:07:48 AM
No Man's Sky is further along in development so of course it looks better.

Star Citizen is only at PRE-alpha level; a lot of people don't seem to understand what that means. Usually games that are at this stage of development are NEVER shown; since people are quick to judge and shoot it down as garbage.

- It's only the first version of the UI to relay basic information, they've already said they'll be changing it.
- The person in this video obviously hasn't played the game before. The controls take some getting used to as this is not simply arcade flying. Once you know what's what & how the physics in the game work you can do some amazing flying.
- The game is first-person based; so you can see as much as the cockpit- view allows (you're not fixed to looking in front of you, you can look around). Also, you got a sensor-board - keep an eye on it like you're supposed to and they won't sneak up behind you.
---
- I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it!! -
#4JavelinPosted 8/16/2014 5:20:42 AM
apolloooo posted...
cluttered UI

Nothing cluttered about it. You're just confused because you're a console peasant who is so used to seeing nothing onscreen except flashing prompts telling you what button you should press next.

weird controls, it looks keyboard controlled instead of mouse

It's called a joystick, you ignoramus,

we have to turn around like crazy to find the hostile ships

No, that's what the radar is for. It's really sad how peasants like you give up immediately if there isn't some bright arrow on screen telling you where to go all the time.
#5mycousinvinniePosted 8/16/2014 7:23:21 AM
elite dangerous is where it's going to be at
#6clowningPosted 8/16/2014 7:55:23 AM
Watched the video myself. TC is a troll or ignorant.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#7JKatarnPosted 8/16/2014 7:59:41 AM
clowning posted...
Watched the video myself. TC is a troll or ignorant.

---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#8Greendragon854Posted 8/16/2014 8:49:55 AM
The flight is certainly hard to get used to, but it's entirely fly by wire and physics based. In the next version they are releasing, they are even giving you full control of all 6 degrees of movement. It's a high entry point, extremely high skill cap game. However, once you get used to it, it's an absolute blast (especially when you get voice attack installed) I mean why would a space ship fly like a jet? Think about it.

Elite is amazing, but I'm still more excited for Star Citizen. Elite is much further along in it's development, so I hesitate making too many comparisons. It's certainly more polished right now. Star Citizen is starting to come into that point of development where all the base stuff is getting squared away, and the updates are going to become much more frequent. It's just turning out to be a more well crafted (not necessarily larger since E:D is MASSIVE) more living universe, with more options everywhere you go.

No Man's Sky...looks really cool. I feel like it would get boring after a week. It's pretty, and if I hadn't seen E:D or SC, I'd be all over it. I just seems cool, not incredible.
---
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie
#9Dieinafire1Posted 8/16/2014 9:18:20 AM
Rolling and trolling. TC is lame
#10El_KazPosted 8/16/2014 9:42:40 AM
The controls do look 'off' in that video... the guy is moving in small imprecise jerking bursts, frequently overshooting his target. Hopefully because the person was controlling using a keyboard.

Greendragon854 posted...
It's a high entry point, extremely high skill cap game.

I'll believe that when I see it.
So far, my bet is that just like all wide audience flight/space games, the obligation of making it playable and competitive with kb+m (and even gamepads) will greatly limit the control complexity and with it, the skill ceiling.
---
Wait... what?