This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Brand new laptop stuttering while watching videos

#11b rich(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 9:35:19 AM
Sora_Anbu posted...
Try it when hard wired into a router, not using wireless. I think it might be the wireless card.

Well, my last computer was not hard wired into my router and it played videos on YT perfectly fine. Also, my brother lives with me (we're roomates) and his computer (which is an HP that costs the same price as mine) does not stutter at all on YT. I don't think the router is the problem.
---
Sig!
#12Sora_AnbuPosted 8/16/2014 9:36:45 AM
b rich posted...
Sora_Anbu posted...
Try it when hard wired into a router, not using wireless. I think it might be the wireless card.

Well, my last computer was not hard wired into my router and it played videos on YT perfectly fine. Also, my brother lives with me (we're roomates) and his computer (which is an HP that costs the same price as mine) does not stutter at all on YT. I don't think the router is the problem.

I said wireless card.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ KC
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#13b rich(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 9:44:57 AM
Sora_Anbu posted...
b rich posted...
Sora_Anbu posted...

I said wireless card.

I'm not even sure what a wireless card is (I don't know much about computers and stuff...seriously). Also, I don't want my laptop continuously wired to a router.
---
Sig!
#14SetzeraPosted 8/16/2014 9:55:01 AM
You should try wiring it to the router just to be sure, it's only a test to check what the problem is.

But, since this will be my last visit to the topic, I would consider returning it for a different one. Even if it's the same model (just for testing purposes). Because no new laptop should run that poorly.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#15Sora_AnbuPosted 8/16/2014 10:19:34 AM
Setzera posted...
You should try wiring it to the router just to be sure, it's only a test to check what the problem is.

But, since this will be my last visit to the topic, I would consider returning it for a different one. Even if it's the same model (just for testing purposes). Because no new laptop should run that poorly.

This.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ KC
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#16Fade2black001Posted 8/16/2014 10:20:14 AM
I ahve a 2006 Dell Laptop with a 1.6GHZ Duo Core CPU. I don't remember the model of it but its old... For graphics it has a Intel Express family chip set. This 300 dollar basic laptop has got to be better than my laptop. My laptop can play youtube vids fine. I think it can even do 720P ok but its been a while.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#17WerdnAndreWPosted 8/16/2014 10:42:09 AM
If it was his wireless, the video would be buffering a lot so thats not the problem. I don't know if its possible today but see if you can turn off hardware acceleration for Flash or switch to HTML5.

Run this and it will tell you if you need to update your gpu drivers
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#18b rich(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 11:05:26 AM
WerdnAndreW posted...
If it was his wireless, the video would be buffering a lot so thats not the problem. I don't know if its possible today but see if you can turn off hardware acceleration for Flash or switch to HTML5.

Run this and it will tell you if you need to update your gpu drivers
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

I'm trying to update my drivers, but this is the error message I keep getting.

http://i62.tinypic.com/24bt3br.jpg

I'm not sure why though. I don't have a firewall to my knowledge and I've tried multiple browsers. I clicked the troubleshoot option but nothing there is working either...
---
Sig!
#19Davel23Posted 8/16/2014 11:09:25 AM
You have to click the "Allow" button on the Java bar near the top.
---
Your mom's box.
#20b rich(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 11:09:40 AM
Nevermind, ignore my last post. The Intel website is telling me "Your Driver is current" and therefore there is no need to update anything. So my issue is still not fixed.

If all else fails, I will take it back to Best Buy tomorrow and get another (same model). If it that doesn't solve the issue then I will shell out a little more for a better processor I guess.
---
Sig!