This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Public IP question

#31Fishels(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 2:54:49 PM
but I'm going to be starting medical school in about two weeks

Hilarious. Maybe it seems like all I want in life is a new ip address because we are on a computer forum THAT IS BASED AROUND ASKING QUESTIONS. I will not be accountable for someone else's actions. If your brother got in your car and ran someone over then by your logic you would be at fault. Anyway where is the ignore button on this site? P.S. we all know you aren't a med student.
#32Super_Thug44Posted 8/16/2014 2:56:26 PM
Fishels posted...

Hilarious. Maybe it seems like all I want in life is a new ip address because we are on a computer forum THAT IS BASED AROUND ASKING QUESTIONS. I will not be accountable for someone else's actions. If your brother got in your car and ran someone over then by your logic you would be at fault. Anyway where is the ignore button on this site? P.S. we all know you aren't a med student.

I'll gladly PM you with proof.

:)
---
http://i.imgur.com/2Q46wvY.png
Sophie's #1 Fan!
#33Fishels(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 3:02:54 PM
id love some proof from a guy who wont even answer questions on an internet forum. Please tell me where the ignore button is.
#34Fishels(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 3:04:59 PM
you have been ignored if you can see this :)
#35ShubPosted 8/16/2014 3:08:34 PM(edited)
To ignore: message detail link under the username, then scroll down, then click on the ignore button.

As for changing your IP, really the only way is to unplug whatever device it is that provides Internet access to your devices. You keep saying you don't have a modem, "it's a box" you say, well guess that, that's a modem.

Since you don't have another "box", that means it's a modem/router combo. So as I was saying, the only way to try and actually change your IP address is to unplug that device for a period of time.

The problem is there's no way you can know for how long you need it to keep it unplugged. Could be hours, could be days. It's unlikely to be just an hour, I'd even say unplugging it overnight is also unlikely to work, but again, it's unpredictable and it depends on your ISP's DHCP settings, which are administered by them, and I doubt that their phone support reps would have the tiniest clue about how DHCP actually works. I can explain if you actually want to know.

The other option is to use some kind of proxy/VPN service. It won't actually change your modem's IP address, but it will make it so you appear to come from a different IP address when accessing any website.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#36dementedlullabyPosted 8/16/2014 3:13:47 PM
This thread is really amusing. First of all I would recommend not sharing accounts.

I would imagine you could use Hola extension to just make a new account. I use it to watch American Netflix.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#37Love_Me_SexyPosted 8/16/2014 3:22:24 PM
Fishels posted...

That analogy is so terrible! You really just need to stop and think about what you're saying and how you're saying it as you sound like a small child.
---
4930k || X79 Deluxe || MSI 760 4GB || 16GB RAM || 240GB SSD || 2x180GB SSD (RAID0) || 4TB SSHD || 1200w PSU
#38Fishels(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 3:23:00 PM
THANKS TO THE ABOVE TWO POSTERS FOR offering advice
#39Fishels(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 3:23:34 PM
ignored love me sexy
#40Fishels(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2014 4:03:02 PM
Finally got it changed. I am back boys:)