This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can I make a pc without a pc case? Like use a box or something around that?

#21returnofbeansPosted 8/17/2014 8:57:34 AM
please tell me where i can find that wallmount, im so gonna buy that if i land my job lol.

also, it looks like it doesn't have room to SLI/crossfire.
---
Intel i5-4750 3.2Ghz / MSI Z87-G41 / 2X 4GB DDR3 / 2 TB HDD / Geforce GTX 580 / 500W 80+ bronze
#22g7g7g7g7Posted 8/17/2014 9:05:42 AM
returnofbeans posted...
please tell me where i can find that wallmount, im so gonna buy that if i land my job lol.

also, it looks like it doesn't have room to SLI/crossfire.

The wallmount looks like a custom job, It looks like thick Plywood covered in a carbon fibre style vinyl.

If you have some very basic carpentry skills and a bit of confidence it is amazing how easy stuff like that is to do. I was thinking about putting a Micro ATX build in a 20 Antique Bureau from a junkyard/charity shop to stick in my office.
---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
#23Killah PriestPosted 8/17/2014 9:08:39 AM
Starting the PC would be hard as there's no case button, but there are other methods.

before they started putting power switches directly on motherboards I used to rip every button from old cases just to use in a pinch like this.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#24Psykic PetrolPosted 8/17/2014 10:00:23 AM
This is the build log for that wall mount http://www.overclock.net/t/1424387/gallery-build-log-ultimate-wall-mount-rig-maxxplanck-v2-completed
---
How do you ejaculate from plane? I try to press the buttons but I do not find it. Sorry for my bad english - Bean0
#25SnadadosPosted 8/17/2014 10:31:41 AM
Psykic Petrol posted...
http://i.imgur.com/O8qDy1S.jpg

If I didn't take my PC over to my cousin's house from time to time I would do that in a heartbeat.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#26SetzeraPosted 8/17/2014 1:34:47 PM
Pretty sure cases are required for air flow and helping to keep the parts cool. But if you're going for a low end computer, then having a fan plugged in blowing on the parts will work.

May want to be careful though, a friend of mine made a "wall PC", and had heat burn marks on the wall when he finally got tired of having the fan going all the time. He's lucky there was no fire.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#27DawnshadowPosted 8/17/2014 1:56:34 PM
First of all, do you have any pets, siblings, or roommates? Do you ever eat or drink around your computer? Do you ever host parties where drunk people stumble around? No case means no protection-- if something gets in there, the computer is likely toast.

If you live alone, never have people over who would be near your computer, and have no pets that run around free, you'd probably be OK without one.
---
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.
#28h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 8/17/2014 2:28:50 PM(edited)
cuteboi100 posted...
thatfool12Gs posted...
If you can't afford a component as essential as the case, not sure this is the best hobby for you.

You are in no position to advise him on this hobby because you gave terrible advice, the case isn't essential. The only essential parts are CPU, cooler, mobo, GPU, storage, RAM and PSU.

You don't need the cooler or GPU either.
---
'My rig is so powerful it doesn't render individual pixels, just one continuous image of astonishing detail. The P in 1440p stands for peasant.' -KingDFizzle