This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sims 4 confirmed to be garbage.

#21steveboblarryPosted 8/16/2014 8:25:02 PM
WHERE ARE YOU NOW EA FANBOYS, DEFEND YOUR COMPANY!!!
---
Windows 8 was a flop regardless of what the PCH clowns say.
#22BaconPancakes(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 8:33:01 PM
occono posted...
BaconPancakes posted...
PathlessBullet posted...
No rabbit holes at all - Sims move offscreen for work and school. There are no hospitals, work/school buildings…etc.

Progress.

Look at everything else they've ruined, though. Also, how come I need 32bit Windows operating system to play?

As said, you don't. What that bit is about is complaining that the game's potential performance and features are hobbled by being compatible with old 32 bit processors, which haven't been produced since 2008.

Yeah I am aware, I mentioned above that I misread.
---
P.S.N. - Matface.
Go forth; touch the Demon inside of me.
#23XtremeWRATH360Posted 8/16/2014 8:41:21 PM
They gave us The Sims 2 for a free a month ago and think people will want to pay for a newer version that has less??

Why would anyone do that when The Sims 1-3 offer so much more?
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#24RaikouenPosted 8/16/2014 8:43:40 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
They gave us The Sims 2 for a free a month ago and think people will want to pay for a newer version that has less??

Why would anyone do that when The Sims 1-3 offer so much more?

Why not just skip the series as a whole?

I'll admit it can be fun and/or amusing to play from time to time, but the games aren't so great they warrant $60-300 or more in purchases to play.
#25WyzeGyePosted 8/16/2014 8:56:19 PM
steveboblarry posted...

I'll defend ea... I won't defend casual gamer trash like the Sims.
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#26steveboblarryPosted 8/16/2014 9:21:14 PM
WyzeGye posted...
steveboblarry posted...

Wyzegye I have a serious question, do you think really think EA is better than Valve in regards to the PC gamer?
---
#27WyzeGyePosted 8/16/2014 9:51:43 PM
steveboblarry posted...
WyzeGye posted...
steveboblarry posted...

Wyzegye I have a serious question, do you think really think EA is better than Valve in regards to the PC gamer?

Simple answer, yes.

Less simple answer, ea is a company with shareholders to answer to. All they care about is money, plain and simple. Valve is a privately owned company, all they care about is money, plain and simple.

If valve cared about the games more than the money, we would have half-life 3. Instead we have trading cards, hats, a beta Linux os, a MOBA, and a generic gamepad.
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#28GoIrish80Posted 8/16/2014 10:18:20 PM
The fact that they have clearly decided to go the SimCity route with this game is beyond comprehension.

I'm not into the "boycott EA" stuff...if they make a game I want, then I'm going to buy it. But this? To hell with that.
#29steveboblarryPosted 8/16/2014 10:49:43 PM(edited)
WyzeGye posted...
steveboblarry posted...
WyzeGye posted...
steveboblarry posted...

Simple answer, yes.

Less simple answer, ea is a company with shareholders to answer to. All they care about is money, plain and simple. Valve is a privately owned company, all they care about is money, plain and simple.

If valve cared about the games more than the money, we would have half-life 3. Instead we have trading cards, hats, a beta Linux os, a MOBA, and a generic gamepad.

True all companies care about money and maximizing profits but some companies have better business practices than others and EA for the most part was doing some ratchet stuff. They have gotten better though.

EA was abandoning the PC platform like all the other devs/pubs before Valve came along.

Like you said EA has big wigs and share holders which is detrimental. Also Origin is not nearly as good as a client as Steam is, I still use it though since its okay and I don't mind using it. Without Steam though we would not be getting games like MGSV.

EA does not put forth the same amount of effort they do with consoles towards the PC platform because they do not see it as profitable. I am not some blind Valve fanboy though I just think people should give credit where credit is due.

But why do you think EA is better than Valve considering most of EA's efforts are put towards the console market?
---
#30SpazH3dPosted 8/17/2014 12:18:51 AM(edited)
Woah, now its up to 89 lacking things? I remember it being 50 or so. (I'm almost sure I remembered wrong)

Sims 4 will be the perfect game after 30 expansions. :]
---
- My vision is augmented