This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

750 dollar build - AMD cpu and better gpu, or intel cpu and worse gpu

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 750 dollar build - AMD cpu and better gpu, or intel cpu and worse gpu
1 year ago#21
DarkZV2Beta posted...
cuteboi100 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
i5 for sure.
You can always upgrade the GPU, but you can't always upgrade the CPU, especially if you're buying on a dead socket.(AM3+)

If you purchase your CPU and GPU on this plan, then you will feel obligated to keep the CPU for as long as you can. And how long is that CPU going to stay appealing? 4 years max with all of the new CPUs coming out? Why plan to ride into the future with stale technology when exciting stuff is coming out all around you. Just get what gives you the best performance right now that will last you for the near future, at least a year comfortably and rejoice in the fact that you can pounce on the next big thing.

CPU market is pretty stagnant, tbh. People riding the 2500k train still don't have a real reason to upgrade to anything short of i7. On the other hand, those 480s are getting long in the tooth.

Exactly this.

With how things are right now, a good CPU will last you much longer than a good GPU.
With Mantle, DX12 and the new OpenGL looking to reduce the load on the CPU a good CPU will last even longer while a good GPU will still get outdated more quickly.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
1 year ago#22
I'd pick the FX since it can only perform better the more developers optimize their games to use >4 cores.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
1 year ago#23
revolver posted...
I made my build with a 2500k and a 560ti. Then I upgraded to my current 670. Soon I'll be looking at an 800 series card, and my 2500k has stayed strong this whole time, especially with a nice oc.

The point is, most people keep their cpu for a lot longer than their gpu. Might as well go for the best.

did exactly this, though i got a770 replacement. best when you start out to get as good a cpu as you can get, because its what you are going to be holding onto the longest.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
1 year ago#24
Always better CPU over GPU.

Better investment of cash every time.

People replace GPUs every 2 years if they want to keep running games at very high settings with high framerate. A good CPU needs replacing every 4+ years to keep relatively top tier performance.

GPU's are also in higher demand and easier to sell in the short term.

Don't like the 270? Sell it in half a year and jump up. Easy installation. No problem.

Don't like your CPU? That's going to be a *****.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
1 year ago#25
everyone says better cpu, and worse gpu and then upgrade it laer

but poll says get weaker cpu and better gpu

wtf??
---
"I am Satan, Lord of Darkness" - Bo Burnham's comedy show, "what." (2013).
1 year ago#26
KillerzOverHere posted...

wtf??

My hunch is people with more knowledge and experience tend to share it more, leading to a higher post ratio.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
1 year ago#27
Shebeskii posted...

wtf??

My hunch is people with more knowledge and experience tend to share it more, leading to a higher post ratio.

I'm deciding to go the intel route, and surpise, the 4590 is actually cheaper than the 4590s, can't believe i didn't see it. I check if there are any more intel i5's that are cheaper, but the cheapest are the following:

i5 3470s - 160

i5 4590 - 160

So i'm going with the i5 4590. Cheers.
---
"I am Satan, Lord of Darkness" - Bo Burnham's comedy show, "what." (2013).
1 year ago#28
Shebeskii posted...

wtf??

I'm deciding to go the intel route, and surpise, the 4590 is actually cheaper than the 4590s, can't believe i didn't see it. I check if there are any more intel i5's that are cheaper, but the cheapest are the following:

i5 3470s - 160

i5 4590 - 160

So i'm going with the i5 4590. Cheers.

It's a solid choice, the FX simply doesn't have anywhere to upgrade at least if your i5 isn't pulling it's weight in a year or two you can get an i7.
---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 750 dollar build - AMD cpu and better gpu, or intel cpu and worse gpu

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived