This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game developer in bed with gaming journalist.

#211LoshadtPosted 8/18/2014 7:07:36 PM
good_mangorush posted...
Where is 4chan when we need them?

/pol/ is actually playing it smart and not doing anything extreme, considering any extremist action on their part would only in fact bolster her victim image. Her so called allies are doing a much better job of drawing attention to this than 4chan could anyway.
---
Scientifically proven.
#212HighOnPhazonPosted 8/18/2014 7:07:56 PM
Should we call this ZoeGate
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#213El_KazPosted 8/18/2014 7:08:13 PM
***aThY posted...
It's kind of sad/hilarious that nearly all the major news sites [...] have censored the hell out of this story

Censor what? 99% of the whole fiasco is about a girl cheating on her boyfriend and sleeping around in general... that's not news. Even if the people involved were a thousand times more famous than they are, it'd be tabloid news at best.

The only actual story is the conflict of interest behind a game journalist and a game producer having a personal relationship. Sure, it's reprehensible... but right now it stands on allegations and chat logs provided by a guy who obviously has it out for the people involved. No journalist in their right mind would run that if they can't first back it up with other sources.

As for forums deleting posts related to this, I'd suspect it's less for "censorship" than it is to prevent their forums from becoming nothing but a poop-flinging arena filled with internet weirdos and their attacks that get WAY personal and creepy.
---
Wait... what?
#214LoshadtPosted 8/18/2014 7:12:02 PM
El_Kaz posted...
As for forums deleting posts related to this, I'd suspect it's less for "censorship" than it is to prevent their forums from becoming nothing but a poop-flinging arena filled with internet weirdos and their attacks that get WAY personal and creepy.

That happens literally ALL the time on 4chan yet the mods never lift a finger, but now all of a sudden they want to do their "job" for free and try to contain it. In fact, the only creepy thing about this situation is the absolute LACK of coverage by game journalists considering this is an issue that directly relates to them and the state of the industry as a whole.
---
Scientifically proven.
#215KaiserWarriorPosted 8/18/2014 7:13:40 PM
Basically, it's DoritoGate 2.0. On the surface superficial, and nobody cares... except that it speaks deeply to the rotten, incestuous core of the modern video game industry and its relationship to the arm of journalism that is supposed to be covering it.
#216ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 7:16:29 PM
If the genders were reversed, the coverage would be nonstop.

This was allowed on neogaf.
https://i.imgur.com/MxxMoRy.jpg

Guess what wasn't?
#217-5xad0w-Posted 8/18/2014 7:16:32 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Should we call this ZoeGate

I think that's what the five guys called it.

>_>

<_<
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#218ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 7:17:38 PM
Every guy is getting in on the Quinnspiracy.
#219FaPaThYPosted 8/18/2014 7:38:55 PM(edited)
El_Kaz posted...

Censor what? 99% of the whole fiasco is about a girl cheating on her boyfriend and sleeping around in general... that's not news. Even if the people involved were a thousand times more famous than they are, it'd be tabloid news at best.

No, that isn't "99% of the whole fiasco" and the only people who think that either have no clue about what's going on or are using it as an excuse to dismiss valid criticism.

The only actual story is the conflict of interest behind a game journalist and a game producer having a personal relationship. Sure, it's reprehensible... but right now it stands on allegations and chat logs provided by a guy who obviously has it out for the people involved. No journalist in their right mind would run that if they can't first back it up with other sources.

Even if that was the only 'actual story(It isn't), what's wrong with discussing it? Sites have no problem talking about Phil Fish when he goes on another tirade(Which funnily enough, he did over this too), but as soon as that person is a self-proclaimed "voice of feminism", it's offlimits? There's definitely something strange going on. Again, the censorship issue is getting to be as big as the hypocrisy and sleeping with the press is. Also, there are sites who are running this story, they just aren't your GameSpots, IGNs or GiantBombs.

While this may be the case, especially on sites like GiantBomb where she's literally a friend of the site where she has been a guest of multiple times and even co-hosted a panel with Patrick Klepek with, that doesn't explain 4chan deleting and locking threads over it. You'd think that'd be the last place that would be PC over this. There are just very few places to discuss this and it seems everyone involved is doing whatever they can to cover it up.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#220DaedalusExPosted 8/18/2014 7:28:17 PM
El_Kaz posted...
Censor what? 99% of the whole fiasco is about a girl cheating on her boyfriend and sleeping around in general... that's not news.

When someone in the game industry uses an insensitive word towards homosexuals it's news. When someone makes a comment about a game featuring "girlfriend mode" it's news. When Zoe was "harassed" it's news.

I agree, this isn't news (save for the conflict of interest bit.) But none of the above was either, and yet game journalism sites were eating that up, not burying it.

Just wondering where the consistency is is all.