This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game developer in bed with gaming journalist.

#231ThePonyColliePosted 8/18/2014 8:58:31 PM
Loshadt posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M

IA video about it.

What cracked me the most is Phil Fish. It's expected for a douche like Phil to jump on the Feminism bandwagon.
---
No Steam, no buy.
#232geekneck99Posted 8/18/2014 9:41:07 PM
All I can really say at this point is, "Why am I not surprised?"...
---
If you can read this, you don't need glasses.
#233dormcastePosted 8/18/2014 10:19:39 PM
So someone used sex for leverage

Welcome to life
#234Infini22Posted 8/18/2014 10:27:37 PM
dormcaste posted...

Welcome to life

I guess a little drama in the morning doesn't hurt, but this is pretty much a non-story. I'm kinda amazed he went through the trouble of writing all of this up with so many details. If I were to do that for all the f****ed up stuff I saw in my failed relationships, it would be a book. Welcome to life indeed.
#235Matty_G33Posted 8/18/2014 10:29:04 PM
As long as it undermines gaming journalism as a whole, I'm in.
---
Get the best time to win! Get the worst time to lose!
~ Stamper
#236FaPaThYPosted 8/18/2014 10:51:23 PM(edited)
El_Kaz posted...
***aThY posted...
No, that isn't "99% of the whole fiasco"

In terms of reactions to the story, it absolutely is.
Just look at this topic. For every even halfway serious post about actual potential issues raised by this, there are 50 posts about her appearance, the naked pics, whom else she may have slept with, "Five Guys" jokes, etc.
And that's on GameFAQs... I can only imagine how bad it was on 4chan and co. before their mods clamped down. Even if these big forums didn't "bury" the story, the serious part of the story would bury itself under the relationship drama part, because the internet horde clearly can't handle gossipy news about a promiscuous woman without losing their collective mind.

If there's going to be any serious pieces that come out of this, it'll be after the dust settles and the circus moves out of town. I'd at least wait until then before looking for cover-up conspiracies.

Except there'll always be jerks like that in any topic about any issue. That's what humans do. Should we never talk about anything ever again just because a few trolls will chime in? it's not hard to ignore them and read the serious posts , you know.

Time isn't going to make them go away either so there is zero point in waiting until the 'dust settles'. If no one talks about it now, it'll just get swept under the rug like wizardchan, The Fine Young Capitalists, etc. and it'll never be mentioned anywhere important, unless it's showing her as the victim.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#237Lady_GweynPosted 8/18/2014 10:35:23 PM
Infini22 posted...
dormcaste posted...

Welcome to life

I guess a little drama in the morning doesn't hurt, but this is pretty much a non-story. I'm kinda amazed he went through the trouble of writing all of this up with so many details. If I were to do that for all the f****ed up stuff I saw in my failed relationships, it would be a book. Welcome to life indeed.

It's not a non-story because this could finally be the proof we've all needed to expose what a corrupt business gaming "journalism" is. If this gets any mainstream attention, then this is going to be FAR from the last gaming journalism scandal we see emerge.
---
PSN: Megistrus
#238kblaze13Posted 8/18/2014 10:38:24 PM
We need to have some way of forcing this "thing" out of the game industry forever. Kinda like how sports organizations can ban someone for life.

Either that or grab the torches and pitchforks and show her a taste of the SJW treatment she herself supposedly supports.
---
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.
#239Tucker_BAPosted 8/18/2014 10:40:40 PM
Disgusting. Any journalist involved in this should be fired immediately.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM
#240adroge01Posted 8/18/2014 10:44:35 PM
This whole fiasco is even more proof that gaming "journalism" sites are pure garbage. If they weren't, they would report on this. It has nothing to do with Zoes disgusting behavior. As someone else already posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M

Watch that if you think this is only about her.