This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game developer in bed with gaming journalist.

#41MG42_CHEFPosted 8/17/2014 12:56:29 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Open 7 days a week.
https://i.imgur.com/9ywz1Xy.jpg

YES! YES! YES! This made my night.
---
"I loved throwing cans of flatulance at people sitting in corners. Even the hitmarker noise sounded like a fart. I will also miss those days." -aj4x94
#42DAP1MP13Posted 8/17/2014 1:59:06 AM
Clouddx posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Onece again, monogamy ruins everyone's day.

Humans weren't meant to be monogamous, SOME religions ruined that for us.

This is not completely correct. Evolutionarily speaking, males are expected to, and generally benefit from, having multiple female partners. Conversely, females are expected to, and generally benefit from, having a single male partner.
---
NYC. The City never sleeps, it's full of villains and creeps, it's where I learned to do my hustle, had to scuffle with freaks.
PSN/360/Steam ID: DAP1MP13
#43good_mangorushPosted 8/17/2014 1:59:45 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sweetjbro/recommended/270170/

Upvoted for the truth.
---
I am proud to be weeaboo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQKheh_T0ho
#44DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/17/2014 2:04:12 AM
DAP1MP13 posted...
Clouddx posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

This is not completely correct. Evolutionarily speaking, males are expected to, and generally benefit from, having multiple female partners. Conversely, females are expected to, and generally benefit from, having a single male partner.

How is this at all true?
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#45DAP1MP13Posted 8/17/2014 2:52:11 AM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
Clouddx posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

How is this at all true?

There's one huge part of my post that you may have taken lightly. What I'm referring to is the part where I said "evolutionarily speaking."

Males maximize their reproductive fitness by copulating with the maximum number of females that they can, being non-selective. Females maximize their reproductive fitness by being supremely selective, copulating with the lowest number of males possible. This is mostly because females have to invest and pay a much greater reproductive cost than males.

Keep in mind that the purpose of life is to produce viable offspring in order to keep your DNA active in the population's gene pool.

That statement neither takes into account "modern" societal conformities nor religion of any type.

If none of this makes sense to you, stop by your local University's biology (evolution) department, and talk to some PhDs about this.
---
NYC. The City never sleeps, it's full of villains and creeps, it's where I learned to do my hustle, had to scuffle with freaks.
#46geekneck99Posted 8/17/2014 2:56:57 AM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
Clouddx posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

How is this at all true?

Something about the size/proportions of our "twig and berries" is all I can really remember. *Shrug* It was just some random bit of trivia that I picked up while channel surfing late at night like ten or so years ago.

EDIT: And what the guy above me said, now that I think about it. I think the size/proportion thing was in comparison to other creatures' "bits" and habits, and ours suggested something along the lines of monogamy plus some on the side. Or something like that.

Don't care either way, I'm outta here.
---
If you can read this, you don't need glasses.
#47TimePharaohPosted 8/17/2014 2:50:48 AM
DAP1MP13 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
Clouddx posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

How is this at all true?

There's one huge part of my post that you may have taken lightly. What I'm referring to is the part where I said "evolutionarily speaking."

Males maximize their reproductive fitness by copulating with the maximum number of females that they can, being non-selective. Females maximize their reproductive fitness by being supremely selective, copulating with the lowest number of males possible.

Keep in mind that the purpose of life is to produce viable offspring in order to keep your DNA active in the population's gene pool.

That statement neither takes into account "modern" societal conformities nor religion of any type.

If none of this makes sense to you, stop by your local University's biology (evolution) department, and talk to some PhDs about this.

Sir you used a lot of made up words there. I asked Jesus, he said you're lying.
#48DAP1MP13Posted 8/17/2014 2:57:18 AM
Explain, please. Read an evolution textbook, go to your local university, or just use Google.

It's always best to keep evolution and topics about Jesus separate.
---
#49TimePharaohPosted 8/17/2014 3:01:02 AM
DAP1MP13 posted...
Explain, please. Read an evolution textbook, go to your local university, or just use Google.

Yes I agree, I like to keep lies out of my life as well, so please stop spouting this evolution nonsense to the kids.
#50DAP1MP13Posted 8/17/2014 3:12:25 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...

Yes I agree, I like to keep lies out of my life as well, so please stop spouting this evolution nonsense to the kids.

No one is stopping you from believing in Jesus. It's obvious that science makes you uncomfortable, but no one is forcing it upon you. No reason to be overly defensive.
---