This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is what Silent Hills on the PC could look like. (NOT SAFE FOR LIFE)

#11occonoPosted 8/16/2014 7:58:27 PM
.....Worse than on PS4?
#12TheCommunatorPosted 8/16/2014 8:42:39 PM
2spooky4me
#13ChromaticAngelPosted 8/16/2014 9:56:25 PM
Goldninja posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Goldninja posted...
Whatever. I care less about graphics and more about gameplay and story when it comes to this series. SH4 and on have been bad, imo. SH4 had a nice idea with The Room and I kind of liked it until half way through when health items became extremely scarce and I had to backtrack through environments. Also, the unkillable ghosts were annoying as hell. Wouldn't have been as bad if they didn't drain health by simply being near you.

Sounds like you just suck? Health items should be scarce, that's the point. And you could stop the ghosts if you really cared, not like you even spent any noticeable amount of time around almost any of them.

Uh... no. The Room didn't regenerate health anymore, making it less fun to navigate since the hazards could damage you. If you failed to use the candles properly, it turns into a death trap. And I don't know what game you played, but those ghosts were freaking everywhere and a complete annoyance to sift through. You could stop... I think five of them, and saving the swords for the super ghosts during the second half was better than wasting them on randoms. It may not be hard, but it's stil annoying and it didn't make the game any more fun.

I thought The Room was the scariest Silent Hill for precisely those reasons, it was so much more deadly than the others. There were also only exactly enough candles to banish all the poltergeists, and you couldn't ever backtrack, so, if you missed a candle, well, there is a part of your room you can never go near again.

There were some ghosts (the pseudo-invincible floating enemies that could go through walls) that would chase you across zones, the only way to deal with them was by incapacitating them with bullets, then using a magic sword on them, there were also exactly enough swords to take out each of those ghosts, and if you missed one, now you have an eternal immortal enemy that flies through walls hunting you for the rest of the game. The best part is, one of those swords is already stuck in a ghost, and you have to pull it out, freeing the ghost, so you can deal with the ghost that chases you across levels later.

Silent Hill 4: The Room was incredibly well designed and well thought out. I don't know why people hate it. It was a truly innovative game that was fantastic in nearly every regard. It's not my favorite (that's Silent Hill 3) but The Room was really good in general.
---
RPG Spotlight: Divinity 2 http://www.gog.com/game/divinity_2_developers_cut
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/9ULqSth8
#14chris121691Posted 8/17/2014 12:38:37 AM
/nosleep
#15Z_hunter91Posted 8/17/2014 1:20:41 AM
Oh cool. We're going back to the age of FMV games?
---
Pokemon Y: 1418-7097-6280 (Simon).
Flying: Spearow | Swanna | Rufflet
#16Dante200XPosted 8/17/2014 1:33:53 AM
MrMonkhouse posted...
http://i.imgur.com/yCoJBAz.jpg

That is a TALL monster.
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
#17SpazH3dPosted 8/17/2014 1:34:22 AM
The big question is: Is it a PS4 exclusive? If yes, I will cry myself to sleep.

They need to hire Akira Yamaoka for the sound again. Just give him a couple of million bucks. If will benefit the game, promise.
---
- My vision is augmented
#18ryouma17Posted 8/17/2014 2:05:46 AM
On August 12, 2014, during Sony Computer Entertainment's presentation at Gamescom 2014, an interactive teaser titled P.T. (short for "Playable Teaser") was released on the PlayStation Store for PlayStation 4. Upon completion of the teaser it was revealed to be for a new Silent Hill game entitled Silent Hills, which is being developed by Kojima Productions using the Fox Engine and is a collaboration between Hideo Kojima and Hollywood director Guillermo del Toro, featuring actor Norman Reedus. Kojima stated the game's graphics were intentionally low in quality to give the demo an indie feel

looks like its ps4 only, not surprising since silent hill has been 1 of sonys staples since the first game, kojima is making it but sony is most likely paying for it so yea dont get your hopes up of seeing it on pc atleast not yet
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#19TimePharaohPosted 8/17/2014 2:17:25 AM
ryouma17 posted...
looks like its ps4 only, not surprising since silent hill has been 1 of sonys staples since the first game, kojima is making it but sony is most likely paying for it so yea dont get your hopes up of seeing it on pc atleast not yet

That's funny considering 2, 3, 4, and Homecoming are all on PC...
#20TimePharaohPosted 8/17/2014 2:20:03 AM
Goldninja posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Goldninja posted...
Whatever. I care less about graphics and more about gameplay and story when it comes to this series. SH4 and on have been bad, imo. SH4 had a nice idea with The Room and I kind of liked it until half way through when health items became extremely scarce and I had to backtrack through environments. Also, the unkillable ghosts were annoying as hell. Wouldn't have been as bad if they didn't drain health by simply being near you.

Sounds like you just suck? Health items should be scarce, that's the point. And you could stop the ghosts if you really cared, not like you even spent any noticeable amount of time around almost any of them.

Uh... no. The Room didn't regenerate health anymore, making it less fun to navigate since the hazards could damage you. If you failed to use the candles properly, it turns into a death trap. And I don't know what game you played, but those ghosts were freaking everywhere and a complete annoyance to sift through. You could stop... I think five of them, and saving the swords for the super ghosts during the second half was better than wasting them on randoms. It may not be hard, but it's stil annoying and it didn't make the game any more fun.

It's a SURVIVAL HORROR GAME. Why would you expecting regenerating health when NONE of the other games had it? Or any decent Survival Horror game ever? And if you get the room haunted that bad, guess what? It means you suck, like I said.

You could incapacitate all of the ghosts and permanently drop the most annoying ones. What exactly is the problem?