This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are pc graphics really that amazing?

#31matthatter56Posted 8/16/2014 9:49:25 PM(edited)
cuteboi100 posted...
I know you aren't the only one but stop calling it the master race, you make it seem like PC folk are all nazis. The PS4 and X1 and PC are all the same "race" you know, computers. And yes you can tell the difference between 60 and 120 fps, the main points are the accurate depiction of fast moving objects and lower response time.

I have a 120hz monitor and the horsepower to push it.

Wow I was starting to think I was the only who noticed the master race thing. Seriously you see this all the time and no one draws this parallel. I have poor eyesight and can't even really see 3D that well due to no depth perception so I really can't a difference between 30fps and 60fps.

Edit: The other thing that tends to annoy me about PC is all the little anomalies that can go wrong with a game at any time. Think about it. I buy and download GTA V for my PS3 and it works. I buy and download The Last of Remastered for my PS4 and it works. I buy and download a game for my PC "error 2000022555526132" game cannot run".

Yes this can occasionally happen with console games but it usually on the developer's side where a patch will be released to fix everything. With the PC however I have to go into system files change .dat .to .exe or something along those lines. Doing that kind of stuff makes me nervous. It make me feel like I am going to end up crashing my entire computer.

Yes I know that may sound paranoid and stupid to those who know PC like the back of their hand but when I can get almost the same experience for a lot less hassle I would prefer to go that route.
#32matthatter56Posted 8/16/2014 9:39:05 PM
ghstbstr posted...
I have a PC for gaming and currently an Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS4, and a Wii U. With all that I play more games in the past 9 months on Xbox One and PS4, just because graphics really aren't that better on PC. And anyone who says that they are better on pc has spent $1000's to get it, and spending that much isn't really worth it for better graphics when current consoles that costs $400 - $500 can look just as good on an hdtv.
The PC so called master race are a bunch of hard head baafons.
I like gaming so I don't care what it is that I am gaming on just as long as I am having fun. Which is why I have five consoles and a gaming pc.
---

Despite what others have said to this post and what I am sure others will in the future this is one of the most sensible posts I have ever seen on Gamefaqs or anywhere on the internet (at least related to gaming).
#33ajko000Posted 8/16/2014 9:48:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#34ClouddxPosted 8/16/2014 10:07:10 PM(edited)
matthatter56 posted...
ghstbstr posted...
I have a PC for gaming and currently an Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS4, and a Wii U. With all that I play more games in the past 9 months on Xbox One and PS4, just because graphics really aren't that better on PC. And anyone who says that they are better on pc has spent $1000's to get it, and spending that much isn't really worth it for better graphics when current consoles that costs $400 - $500 can look just as good on an hdtv.
I like gaming so I don't care what it is that I am gaming on just as long as I am having fun. Which is why I have five consoles and a gaming pc.
---

Despite what others have said to this post and what I am sure others will in the future this is one of the most sensible posts I have ever seen on Gamefaqs or anywhere on the internet (at least related to gaming).

No it's not. You do not need to invest $1000 into a PC to get better graphics than a PS4/X1, in fact about $500 into a PC will get you something that performs better than a PS4/X1.

Anyways, play on w/e system you want but if graphics are your main concern or if you enjoy playing a game as smoothly as possible(60fps instead of 30fps in most games) then go with PC.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#35matthatter56Posted 8/16/2014 10:15:42 PM
Also don't get me wrong I love PC for certain things. For instance last year I downloaded a bunch of the classic RPG's like Ultima and Might Magic from GOG. I love playing those games and they work with relatively no trouble. In fact if more games had the deep complexity that some of those older RPG's and were PC exclusive you can bet I would game on PC. My whole point is that the games are practically the same across systems (with very few differences especially for me and my low vision) so that's why I choose consoles.
#36DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/16/2014 10:19:25 PM(edited)
Onece you go 120, you never go back.

That said, graphics are actually the least important thing in PC gaming. People just talk about it around console kiddies because console kiddies are always talking about it, so it's what's on topic.
The amount of flexibility you get with how you play your games, and how convenient it is over console gaming is why PC gaming is superior. Plus, backwards compatibility is kind of pretty dang awesome.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#37ClouddxPosted 8/16/2014 10:25:54 PM(edited)
matthatter56 posted...
Also don't get me wrong I love PC for certain things. For instance last year I downloaded a bunch of the classic RPG's like Ultima and Might Magic from GOG. I love playing those games and they work with relatively no trouble. In fact if more games had the deep complexity that some of those older RPG's and were PC exclusive you can bet I would game on PC. My whole point is that the games are practically the same across systems (with very few differences especially for me and my low vision) so that's why I choose consoles.

Good for you.

I choose PC gaming because sometimes I like using my KB+M to play games and other times I like to sit on my couch and play with my 360 controller, PS3 controller, SNES controller, Genesis controller, NES controller, N64 Controller, Gamecube controller, Wii Mote, Saturn Controller, Arcade Stick, or racing wheel.

Playing all those Sega games with the original controller on my PC makes the experience more authentic.

I also enjoy always having games play smoothly even if I have to turn down a few settings. Unlike playing DkS on my PS3, holy crap was that bad.

I also like that I can have 300+ games installed and in two clicks I can start playing any one of those games I want w/o having to get up and change the disc.
---
#38stage4saiyanPosted 8/16/2014 10:29:39 PM
Yes and no. Sounds like a copout answer, but it's how I feel. Having literally every game (except the ones that are locked) at 60 FPS or higher is a great feeling, and lets you get the most out of them. The texture differences don't mean as much since you're constantly moving.

I wish, instead of just giving us crisper textures and AA, devs would give PC versions beefier lighting. No, I don't mean adding godrays to everything...give us more realistic shadows, projections, etc. Few games do that well.
---
XBL: JudasKiss12 PSN: Lionheart2390 Nintendo ID: JudasKiss
Currently playing: FFXIV, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Monster Hunter 3U, MGS4 (Plat)
#39ghstbstrPosted 8/16/2014 10:46:15 PM
ajko000 posted...
ghstbstr posted...
---

You don't have all of those, you're a tryhard 14 year old trying to make a valid argument but failing miserably because you're trying to be right or trying to convince yourself that you are right. You're claiming you have those devices so that you'll look credible in your post, but it just makes you look like an idiot. Why do you do this? Because you believe you're right because of your narrow-minded perspective, whether this perspective was forced by you or by another collection of perspectives, that is not the point, the point is, you're done.
I was 14 once, so I know what you're going through, but just stop. Please.

I was born in 74, and I am 39. I have played every console released in the USA since the Pong in he late 70's, and I still have about half of those consoles.
I do have everything I said in my other post. I currently have and play video games on my gaming pc, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, and a Wii U. I can and will take a picture of my gaming setup, and everything is connected to my 50in Vizio hdtv.
I have nothing to prove except that I love video games, as it is my favorite thing to do. I will play video games until I die as long as I still have use of my hands, arms, and my vision.
Believe me or not I really could careless, but it is true.
---
---
Dell XPS 8300(X8300-7008NBK), Intel i7-2600K 3.4GHz, Intel H67 Mobo, Sapphire R9 270X 4GB, Rosewill 550W PSU, 8GB 1333mhz RAM, 2TB HDD, Win7 64bit Home Premium.
#40ClouddxPosted 8/16/2014 10:53:36 PM(edited)
ghstbstr posted...
I was born in 74, and I am 39. I have played every console released in the USA since the Pong in he late 70's, and I still have about half of those consoles.
I do have everything I said in my other post. I currently have and play video games on my gaming pc, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, and a Wii U. I can and will take a picture of my gaming setup, and everything is connected to my 50in Vizio hdtv.
I have nothing to prove except that I love video games, as it is my favorite thing to do. I will play video games until I die as long as I still have use of my hands, arms, and my vision.
Believe me or not I really could careless, but it is true.
---

I would love to see your collection of games, please do post.

Here's my collection of PC games: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thir_teen/games/?tab=all

Here's my PC setup: https://imgur.com/a/2Gd8M

I also own: NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega Nomad, Gamegear, Sega Saturn, 3DO, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, PS3, X360.
---