This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are pc graphics really that amazing?

#41ghstbstrPosted 8/16/2014 10:58:16 PM
Clouddx posted...
ghstbstr posted...
I was born in 74, and I am 39. I have played every console released in the USA since the Pong in he late 70's, and I still have about half of those consoles.
I do have everything I said in my other post. I currently have and play video games on my gaming pc, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, and a Wii U. I can and will take a picture of my gaming setup, and everything is connected to my 50in Vizio hdtv.
I have nothing to prove except that I love video games, as it is my favorite thing to do. I will play video games until I die as long as I still have use of my hands, arms, and my vision.
Believe me or not I really could careless, but it is true.
---

I would love to see your collection of games, please do post.

Here's my collection of PC games: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thir_teen/games/?tab=all

Here's my PC setup: https://imgur.com/a/2Gd8M

I also own: NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega Nomad, Gamegear, Sega Saturn, 3DO, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, PS3, X360.

Someone tell how to post pics and I will show you my setup and games. Or a free website that I can use for the pics.
---
---
Dell XPS 8300(X8300-7008NBK), Intel i7-2600K 3.4GHz, Intel H67 Mobo, Sapphire R9 270X 4GB, Rosewill 550W PSU, 8GB 1333mhz RAM, 2TB HDD, Win7 64bit Home Premium.
#42ajko000Posted 8/16/2014 11:02:14 PM
ghstbstr posted...
ajko000 posted...
ghstbstr posted...
I have a PC for gaming and currently an Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS4, and a Wii U. With all that I play more games in the past 9 months on Xbox One and PS4, just because graphics really aren't that better on PC. And anyone who says that they are better on pc has spent $1000's to get it, and spending that much isn't really worth it for better graphics when current consoles that costs $400 - $500 can look just as good on an hdtv.
The PC so called master race are a bunch of hard head baafons.
I like gaming so I don't care what it is that I am gaming on just as long as I am having fun. Which is why I have five consoles and a gaming pc.
---

You don't have all of those, you're a tryhard 14 year old trying to make a valid argument but failing miserably because you're trying to be right or trying to convince yourself that you are right. You're claiming you have those devices so that you'll look credible in your post, but it just makes you look like an idiot. Why do you do this? Because you believe you're right because of your narrow-minded perspective, whether this perspective was forced by you or by another collection of perspectives, that is not the point, the point is, you're done.
I was 14 once, so I know what you're going through, but just stop. Please.

I was born in 74, and I am 39. I have played every console released in the USA since the Pong in he late 70's, and I still have about half of those consoles.
I do have everything I said in my other post. I currently have and play video games on my gaming pc, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, and a Wii U. I can and will take a picture of my gaming setup, and everything is connected to my 50in Vizio hdtv.
I have nothing to prove except that I love video games, as it is my favorite thing to do. I will play video games until I die as long as I still have use of my hands, arms, and my vision.
---

I stopped reading right there, I'm so sorry. I noticed in typing this up the last bit of the post as well, it's couldn't. Again, terribly sorry for you.
---
I have OCD, so I close all my topics once I'm done with them.
#43ClouddxPosted 8/16/2014 11:10:28 PM
ghstbstr posted...
Clouddx posted...
ghstbstr posted...
---

Here's my collection of PC games: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thir_teen/games/?tab=all

I also own: NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega Nomad, Gamegear, Sega Saturn, 3DO, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, PS3, X360.

Someone tell how to post pics and I will show you my setup and games. Or a free website that I can use for the pics.
---

You were born in 74 and you don't know how to post pictures on the internet?

Use the website I used to show you my setup, it's completely free.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#44NintendoFan81Posted 8/17/2014 5:16:45 AM
Graphics, frame rates and so on are overrated. It's mainly just a way for people to have to upgrade their computer more just so they think they are getting the "best" graphics at the current moment in time. Plus a way for people to show off and brag.
#45RaikouenPosted 8/17/2014 5:20:53 AM
ghstbstr posted...
Clouddx posted...
ghstbstr posted...
---

---

I use imgur.com
#46LikeGoodMorningPosted 8/17/2014 5:21:14 AM
NintendoFan81 posted...
Graphics, frame rates and so on are overrated. It's mainly just a way for people to have to upgrade their computer more just so they think they are getting the "best" graphics at the current moment in time. Plus a way for people to show off and brag.

Meh you are wrong games are certainly less enjoyable when frame rate dips even if it doesn't go below 30. Vsync and 60fps all damn day dammit...

If you don't care about graphics just stick with last gen consoles on a small hdtv unless you have played all you want to from last gen and if that's the case you really have no life.
#47VoxwikPosted 8/17/2014 6:12:59 PM(edited)
LikeGoodMorning posted...
NintendoFan81 posted...

Meh you are wrong games are certainly less enjoyable when frame rate dips even if it doesn't go below 30. Vsync and 60fps all damn day dammit...

If you don't care about graphics just stick with last gen consoles on a small hdtv unless you have played all you want to from last gen and if that's the case you really have no life.

I'll happily play old games on a giant screen. Games are less enjoyable to you. To some of us, the game itself is far more important. It is annoying if the frame rate dips, but if the frame rate is say a consistent 25fps it's really not that bad to me. A frame rate bouncing between 15 and 60 however is annoying, but hardly game breaking to me.

On the last gen stuff though, I've come to accept that no new games could come out and there are enough old ones to look into to occupy me for years at this point. That's another plus for the PC though considering how insane the deals for old games get.
#48ThisGuy101Posted 8/17/2014 6:17:55 PM
Voxwik posted...
but if the frame rate is say a consistent 25fps it's really not that bad to me

LOLCinematic25FPSExperience
---
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig
#49Dieinafire1Posted 8/17/2014 6:34:51 PM
25 fps is weak. Has to be over 45. 60 and over is normal to me
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.4 ghz | MSI 990FXA-GD65 V2 | EVGA SLI TITANS | 16GB 1866 DDR3 | 850W Corsair | Win8.1 64bit | 3TB HD 256 SSD | Hyper 212 Evo | 4K | PS4|Xbox1
#50importvitaPosted 8/17/2014 7:36:36 PM
PC Graphics are the bomb dot com man!!!