This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ubisoft wants to make $60 customers into $200 customers...

#11IzicialPosted 8/17/2014 7:09:51 AM
Way top quiet. Maxed out volume still couldn't hear him.

Either way though consumers are stupid and will buy their crap no matter what the price is and then complain about it afterwards.
---
Check out my SL 1 playthrough of Dark Souls II on my channel Izzy Games.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19gU5IpjVkl-9LtY2ASx8ouTspMrGfN_
#12YuniuninuniunPosted 8/17/2014 7:13:59 AM
Goldninja posted...
Was thinking about getting AC4 and was looking up info on the newest one, but now I'm just not going to give them a red cent. $60 is better than $0. $20 is better than $0. Screw 'em.

And yes, this isn't a new thing. He's simply being outspoken on an issue that has been plaguing the whole industry as of late. Micro transactions. Pay-to-win. On-disc DLC. Etc. etc. etc. The thing is, with Ubi being blatant on how they dislike the PC market and how bad some of the optimizations are (AC3, I'm looking at you), not to mention Uplay (and their previous desire to use online-only DRM), I just can't bring myself to support them anymore.

Don't forget the purposely downgraded Watch Dogs
---
Friendly reminder to never play a game published by PWE (Perfect World Entertainment)
"The bigger the cushion the better the pushin."
#13clowningPosted 8/17/2014 7:18:51 AM
leon_trunks posted...
I'll gladly give them $200. Unlike EA, they actually make quality games.

Oh you.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#14nightwind13xPosted 8/17/2014 7:34:35 AM
sweet! I will gladly give them 200 dollars! Maybe they could release a demo of the game (say 1/4 the content) and then charge the rest in arcs at a expansion price point! That way people have more to look forward after they beat the initial arc of the game!

Hopefully other dev follow this path since 200 dollars for a game is a fair price point (and lets be honest the people who make the games need to put bread on their tables).

/sarcasm
---
GTX 780 SC ACX || 2600K @ 4.5GHZ || 8gb G.Skill Ram || 180GB CorsairGT SSD
#15Howling-Reaper-Posted 8/17/2014 7:49:50 AM
The concept of making a $60 customer a $200 is not necessarily bad. If a great game gets continuous updates and expansions I'd gladly pay more. It's the way it's done that bothers me, with on disc-DLC, micro-transactions, DRM and all that ****.
---
There is no hope.
#16monkmithPosted 8/17/2014 9:26:41 AM
Howling-Reaper- posted...
The concept of making a $60 customer a $200 is not necessarily bad. If a great game gets continuous updates and expansions I'd gladly pay more. It's the way it's done that bothers me, with on disc-DLC, micro-transactions, DRM and all that ****.

the problem is they aren't making amazing games that deserve that amount of money. they make a good game, then before they release it they chop it up into bits and sell you the base game for $60 and sell you the rest piece meal.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#17TropicMoon10Posted 8/17/2014 9:40:34 AM
That's cute

I'll continue to wait for Steam sales and never pay over $7 for anything they release. They should be paying us for tolerating the garbage that is Uplay.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#18MortalDangerPosted 8/17/2014 9:44:33 AM
Am I the only person who doesn't see anything wrong with this?

Its business. Gamers just don't see it that way. Why should this industry be excluded from regular business practices? I don't understand.
---
God Bless America.
#19SilentS89Posted 8/17/2014 9:46:47 AM
ITT: People defend corporations making anti-consumer decisions.
#20arleasPosted 8/17/2014 9:59:07 AM
Every company wants more money from the customer. It's just that some companies are looking to nickel and dime you every step of the way, and others are just looking for ways to add more value to the standard product. Both involve you paying more money, but one feels less like a rip-off than the other.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png