This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ubisoft wants to make $60 customers into $200 customers...

#21Bazooka_PenguinPosted 8/17/2014 10:02:36 AM
SpazH3d posted...
Mackorov posted...
leon_trunks posted...
I'll gladly give them $200. Unlike EA, they actually make quality games.

I hate to disagree but EA do make quality games. Some of the best visual qualty as well.
The games just happen to be rushed and stacked with DLCs. Then again, it's no different from most games these days

Games such as? You're confusing developer with producer.

Studios like Maxis, DICE, Visceral, Bioware, etc. are all wholly owned by EA. So they're in-house developers.
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#22CallmegePosted 8/17/2014 10:09:13 AM
Looks like I still won't be buying any Ubisoft games then. Ah well, I'm not missing out on much. Assassins Creed has been **** since brotherhood and do they even make splinter cell these days? Does Ubisoft do anything else? If they do I'm not aware so it can't be that good.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#23Abiz_Posted 8/17/2014 10:12:23 AM
They have yet to make me a 60 dollar customer. So good luck with that. *Buys Unity for 5 bucks 3 years later...*
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#24Edavy89Posted 8/17/2014 10:18:48 AM
People don't want to spend any money, and then complain that no good games are coming out. Games have been pretty much the same price for a long while now, and yet the cost of living has gone up significantly. The alternative would be charging more for the base game, and then you would piss and moan about the fact that "80 dollars for a game is ridiculous".

Sometimes I feel like the majority of GameFAQs has no clue how the real world works.
#25JinchusePosted 8/17/2014 10:21:09 AM
Considering Watch_Dogs had so many "$0 Dollar Customers" I'd expect Ubisoft to milk as much as they can out of the saps that are actually willing to pay full price for their games.
#26monkmithPosted 8/17/2014 10:25:35 AM
MortalDanger posted...
Am I the only person who doesn't see anything wrong with this?

Its business. Gamers just don't see it that way. Why should this industry be excluded from regular business practices? I don't understand.

looking at it from their side is nice and all, but i'm not the company i'm a consumer. their urge to make more money runs counter to my urge to save my own, so of course i'm going to be upset when they decide to make more money by selling me a deficient product.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#27FoxtheSlyPosted 8/17/2014 10:28:45 AM
But what has Ubisoft done to deserve the consumer's trust? None of us are shareholders that we would care about the business side of things for them.
---
I start to think, and then I sink into the paper like I was ink;
When I'm writin' I'm trapped in between the lines, I escape when I finish the rhyme.
#28xanthan1Posted 8/17/2014 10:33:03 AM(edited)
MortalDanger posted...
Am I the only person who doesn't see anything wrong with this?

Its business. Gamers just don't see it that way. Why should this industry be excluded from regular business practices? I don't understand.

The idea of having you pay $60 dollars for a product, than charging an additional $140 for other things can only really work with products of a much higher quality then they tend to make. They aren't going to up the quality to be worth it, they're just going to make more DLC and add microtransactions and ignore when they're long past what people would actually realistically put up with.

It can be done without people complaining, Ubisoft just isn't a company anyone but a fanboy would believe can do it. This is business, yeah, it's just bad business being done by people who don't actually know what they're doing and forgot you need to make a product WORTH $200 dollars for people to spend that much..
#29RosencroitzPosted 8/17/2014 10:42:11 AM
Ubisoft wants to make $60 customers into $200 customers

So, they state publicly what nearly any other company states in the boardroom and people want to vilify them for it? 'Kay.

Bazooka_Penguin posted...
SpazH3d posted...
Mackorov posted...
leon_trunks posted...
I'll gladly give them $200. Unlike EA, they actually make quality games.

I hate to disagree but EA do make quality games. Some of the best visual qualty as well.
The games just happen to be rushed and stacked with DLCs. Then again, it's no different from most games these days

Games such as? You're confusing developer with producer.

Studios like Maxis, DICE, Visceral, Bioware, etc. are all wholly owned by EA. So they're in-house developers.

None of the studios you listed make quality games. Care to try again?
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#30Abiz_Posted 8/17/2014 10:46:28 AM
Edavy89 posted...
People don't want to spend any money, and then complain that no good games are coming out. Games have been pretty much the same price for a long while now, and yet the cost of living has gone up significantly. The alternative would be charging more for the base game, and then you would piss and moan about the fact that "80 dollars for a game is ridiculous".

Sometimes I feel like the majority of GameFAQs has no clue how the real world works.

Plenty of good games have been coming out. They have been the same price or cheaper for awhile and the industry is bigger then ever. Games are selling more.

The company making 80 dollar games shuts down who is at fault? It's not the gamers that didn't feel the company games were not worth 80 bucks. We have a right to vote with our wallet. We can come to the internet and slam a company that does something we consider anti-consumer and anti-quality. I never seen a game worth 200 dollars. Ubisoft has never come close to making a game worth 200 dollars in my opinion.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior