This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ubisoft wants to make $60 customers into $200 customers...

#51stalemate_666Posted 8/17/2014 10:32:39 PM
FoxtheSly posted...
Personally, I see no problem with them wanting more money. But until I see better practices out of them I will not give them my money. Perhaps it's a bit parodoxical in that regard, but they need to get a clue. They take steps backwards like with Watch Dogs on PC and then take steps forward like what I'm seeing on the gameplay side of Assassin's Creed Unity, but it will probably be buggy and unoptimized on PC, which would be another step backwards. I just don't trust them to invest $60, let alone $200.

Yeah they do things that make you want to give them less money in order to do more money... Like I said before it's bad business. Everyone wants more money but people defending them for screwing over the consumer to get are in need of a reality check badly.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#52truekainPosted 8/18/2014 2:53:04 AM
akuma634 posted...
Jprime666 posted...
I hope the industry crashes.

It's people who say s*** like this that make me hate the gaming community. Why would you wish for the end of an industry that is only there to entertain people and do good business? Just let it all die and we can go back to being bored, again. That's a lovely solution.

I couldn't care less about what a company spokesman says, yeah they want to make more money, that's the point. Does that mean that they're coming into your house and putting a gun to your head to buy $200 worth of DLC? They're just saying, we want to entice the consumer, not "f*** you, pay me." That's the difference that tinfoil hat wearing nerds can't understand. Even if a game is really amazing, I doubt that I'd spend more than $20-30 more on bonus content. That's why this isn't a problem for me and why I'm not wishing for the death of gaming.

If you think the industry crashing on monday means having nothing to play on tuesday, you're the one wearing a tin foil hat, nevermind the irony of calling people nerds, on a gaming message board no less, while saying we can "go back to being bored, again", which heavily implies you're the one with first world "nerd" problems.

No one's wishing for the "death of gaming" ( which is a ridiculous statement to begin with, it's not like it happening means no one can play games anymore ), rather a solid thump that will teach the big publishers that the current business model they adapted is unsustainable.
---
A good elf is a dead elf.
#53TimePharaohPosted 8/18/2014 3:07:06 AM(edited)
akuma634 posted...
Jprime666 posted...
I hope the industry crashes.

It's people who say s*** like this that make me hate the gaming community. Why would you wish for the end of an industry that is only there to entertain people and do good business? Just let it all die and we can go back to being bored, again. That's a lovely solution.

I have 1000+ games on my Steam account
800 movies on my shelf
300 or something CDs in a box
30TB on my NAS

Give a **** about you peasants, let Ubisoft crash and burn all over you it's every man for himself broski.