This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AMD =/= FINISHED..amd currently has the most powerful apu in the world

#11slyman19Posted 8/17/2014 10:17:47 AM
Trance_Fan posted...
TropicMoon10 posted...
We haven't reached the point where they can be used for serious gaming yet.

lmfao it's called the ps4, look what it can do

Yeah, look what it can do. Most of it's games look like barely upgraded PS3 games or PC games from 3 years ago. It's have a tough time reach 60FPS in a good number of games. A freaking racing game and a golf game aren't even fully 60FPS.
#12LoshadtPosted 8/17/2014 10:18:23 AM
Snadados posted...
That's like saying "The worlds tallest midget" or "The worlds fastest snail" or "The best Uwe Boll movie".
The bar is set so low and so easily surpassed even by a rather mediocre competitor that to brag about the "achievement" is laughable.

I came in here specifically to make the "world's tallest midget" comparison.
---
Scientifically proven.
#13rainedownPosted 8/17/2014 10:28:21 AM
Snadados posted...
the most powerful apu in the world

That's like saying "The worlds tallest midget" or "The worlds fastest snail" or "The best Uwe Boll movie".
The bar is set so low and so easily surpassed even by a rather mediocre competitor that to brag about the "achievement" is laughable.

Tyrion Lannister, Turbo, and this one http://youtu.be/D1w4ZW72k98

Lol it's not that apu's aren't decent for what they're for, they're just not going to beat a dedicated graphics card now or any time soon in a machine where you have the space for more.
#14MeterPosted 8/17/2014 10:31:54 AM
I don't see how they could ever surpass dedicated gpus though, not hating just wondering.
---
Butt Quiveringly Good
#15YeonGoaPosted 8/17/2014 10:38:02 AM
Trance Fan topic = Peasantation fanboyism

Move along folks
#16Clutch_TheoryPosted 8/17/2014 10:39:40 AM
Trance_Fan posted...
TropicMoon10 posted...
We haven't reached the point where they can be used for serious gaming yet.

lmfao it's called the ps4, look what it can do

Trance_Fan posted...

lmfao it's called the ps4

Trance_Fan posted...
look what it can do

Trance_Fan posted...
ps4

L...O....L
#17JinchusePosted 8/17/2014 10:42:17 AM(edited)
yea bro the PS4 is totally hardcore

All those jaggies at sub-1080p and laggy sub-60 fps appeal to only the edgiest of consumers.
#18Trance_Fan(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 10:50:16 AM
Jinchuse posted...

All those jaggies at sub-1080p and laggy sub-60 fps appeal to only the edgiest of consumers.

my pc is 100% much more powerful than yours, and i'll still say ps4 does have the best apu in the world and it's years ahead of intel..thanks to amd engineering
---
i think it's nice
#19Ticking_DeathPosted 8/17/2014 10:54:41 AM
Trance_Fan posted...
Jinchuse posted...

my pc is 100% much more powerful than yours, and i'll still say ps4 does have the best apu in the world and it's years ahead of intel..thanks to amd engineering

You can say whatever the hell you want, the problem is that what you're saying is pretty dumb.

Ok you can't actually say whatever you want because this is GameFAQs, though while the mods will burninate a post for many things, being a fool isn't one of them
---
MSI Z87-G45 ATX LGA1150 | i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair XMS 1x8 GB DDR3-1600 | Win7 Ultimate
Using a bow sure has its drawbacks. :V
#20Bazooka_PenguinPosted 8/17/2014 10:58:33 AM
HolyLightShine posted...
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/03/29/where-are-the-amd-tablets.aspx

x86 tablets could never compete against ARM tablets anyway. It's a futile effort on Intel's part. They literally give away their Atom SoCs for free and then some to OEMs who make x86 tablets with Atom inside. The market belongs to ARM, and it's not going to change.
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif