This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm tired of paying for multiplayer

#1njkking01Posted 8/17/2014 9:22:13 AM
I'm so tired of paying for xbox live I now staining to under stand the whole master race.
I know it's only $50 a year but that adds up did this push any one else to join the pc race ?
#2xxFierceFirexxPosted 8/17/2014 9:25:41 AM
That's one of the reasons I went to PC recently.
---
"Get lose![...]" ~ M.Bison
NNID: FierceFire
#3wizardmonPosted 8/17/2014 9:41:53 AM(edited)
I payed once for Xbox live back on the Xbox one for Unreal Championship back when it first came out.

But, I quickly realized that the game browser was exactly the same as UT2K3's and the servers weren't even actual servers being paid for by the Live fee's but infact the game was entirely hosted by people's Xboxes. Essentially, they've just been stealing money from people so that the players themselves host the games on their consoles in guise of providing you a service which was constructed with the sole intent of spitting payed advertisements to the end user.

Ever since that one month payment I did I've never been able to understand anyone that actually pays for Xbox Live and claims to have a good experience with it.

Edit: Also worth noting:
Xbox live isn't a server list, and doesn't connect players together. It's up to the game developer/publishers to host the Master server and they don't get any funding to host these servers. This is why many games which are only playable online with a Xbox live account don't even work anymore.
Xbox live doesn't actually host it's own matchmaking servers, those are done by a game to game basis by the developers of the game.
Your paying for deals to buy games from the microsoft store which microsoft takes a large cut from, other digital distribution platforms give you those deals (and often much better ones) for free.

Xbox live is just a huge waste of money for everyone involved (except microsoft!)
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#4SpazH3dPosted 8/17/2014 9:34:04 AM
Yup, I have given up on paying for xbox live too. I so very rarely play competitive online, and I would prefer my online gaming to be on PC (because a controller is herpaderp).

What are we even paying for? I don't understand. The servers? Woop woop.
---
- My vision is augmented
#5monkmithPosted 8/17/2014 9:36:30 AM
and now its getting worse since EA has thrown it's hat into the game. i see a day in the not to distant future where every game company will expect you to pay a separate monthly fee just to use their games multiplayer features.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#6wizardmonPosted 8/17/2014 9:41:20 AM
SpazH3d posted...
What are we even paying for? I don't understand. The servers? Woop woop.

You aren't even paying for the servers lol.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#7Mudkip57Posted 8/17/2014 9:42:26 AM
I used to only purchase Xbox live gold when it was on sale, so it wasn't too bad. I just simply stopped playing my consoles and after months of not touching my Xbox, I cancelled gold and packed away the Xbox since it was taking up space on my computer desk
#8RaikouenPosted 8/17/2014 9:44:15 AM
I got a PC to play old games that I can't play on my PS4.

Aside from that, my PS4 will still get the most play time, whether it's online or offline.
#9jake-sfPosted 8/17/2014 9:44:37 AM
I guess we'Re paying for the "master server"?

Thats the thing I never get. The same excuse came from Sony, which claimed they HAD to have us pay now because they lost money from their servers.

As far as I'm concerned, my game should attempt to connect to master servers hosted by the game company, NOT Sony or Microsoft, and those developers can hold the servers.

But hey, the irony is, online capabilities for games have diminished so severely since the early 2000. Who cares about direct connection capabilities using IPs, who cares about player-hosted master servers when things go down, who cares about developers who want to support their games forever but can't, because Xbox Live eventually just goes down and the game dies anyway.

Such disgusts.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#10njkking01(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 9:47:10 AM
Yeah I only had gold for two years but I'm done
It's out rageous does anyone know if gta v for pc will have online and will my 360 stats carry over I know on consoles it will carry over not sure about pc