This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm tired of paying for multiplayer

#11RaikouenPosted 8/17/2014 9:51:48 AM
njkking01 posted...
Yeah I only had gold for two years but I'm done
It's out rageous does anyone know if gta v for pc will have online and will my 360 stats carry over I know on consoles it will carry over not sure about pc

Yes and yes for GTA5.

PC GTA5 is a port of the upcoming PS4/X1 release and R* announced stats obtained from any version of GTA5 last gen will carry over to any version of the remastered version.
#12TropicMoon10Posted 8/17/2014 9:53:18 AM
The 360 was horrible for that. You seriously paid Microsoft a subscription to use things like Netflix? How can that be acceptable or even legal? Then there was a time when you'd get ads too.

Ads. On a service you pay for.

What the ****
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#13Edavy89Posted 8/17/2014 9:57:53 AM
wizardmon posted...
I payed once for Xbox live back on the Xbox one for Unreal Championship back when it first came out.

But, I quickly realized that the game browser was exactly the same as UT2K3's and the servers weren't even actual servers being paid for by the Live fee's but infact the game was entirely hosted by people's Xboxes. Essentially, they've just been stealing money from people so that the players themselves host the games on their consoles in guise of providing you a service which was constructed with the sole intent of spitting payed advertisements to the end user.

Ever since that one month payment I did I've never been able to understand anyone that actually pays for Xbox Live and claims to have a good experience with it.

Edit: Also worth noting:
Xbox live isn't a server list, and doesn't connect players together. It's up to the game developer/publishers to host the Master server and they don't get any funding to host these servers. This is why many games which are only playable online with a Xbox live account don't even work anymore.
Xbox live doesn't actually host it's own matchmaking servers, those are done by a game to game basis by the developers of the game.
Your paying for deals to buy games from the microsoft store which microsoft takes a large cut from, other digital distribution platforms give you those deals (and often much better ones) for free.

Xbox live is just a huge waste of money for everyone involved (except microsoft!)

Just feel like I should point out that as far as the servers are concerned, this isn't accurate anymore. While it was the case on the 360, the X1 does indeed have dedicated servers. Not that I care how you feel about xbox live, not everything is for everyone, but lets try and keep the facts straight.
#14RaikouenPosted 8/17/2014 10:00:37 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
The 360 was horrible for that. You seriously paid Microsoft a subscription to use things like Netflix? How can that be acceptable or even legal? Then there was a time when you'd get ads too.

What the ****

The ads were also something you paid for.

If you didn't pay, you know what ads you got? "Buy Xbox Gold!", "Play hundreds of titles online with Xbox Gold!", and "Gain access to many apps using Xbox Gold!"

With paid subscription, you'd get ads for Wendy's, Progressive, Kia, McDonald's, and many other things that have no relation to Xbox or gaming in general.
#15Orestes417Posted 8/17/2014 10:00:53 AM
You're essentially paying to VOIP with 12 year olds
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#16RaikouenPosted 8/17/2014 10:03:06 AM
Edavy89 posted...
wizardmon posted...
I payed once for Xbox live back on the Xbox one for Unreal Championship back when it first came out.

But, I quickly realized that the game browser was exactly the same as UT2K3's and the servers weren't even actual servers being paid for by the Live fee's but infact the game was entirely hosted by people's Xboxes. Essentially, they've just been stealing money from people so that the players themselves host the games on their consoles in guise of providing you a service which was constructed with the sole intent of spitting payed advertisements to the end user.

Ever since that one month payment I did I've never been able to understand anyone that actually pays for Xbox Live and claims to have a good experience with it.

Edit: Also worth noting:
Xbox live isn't a server list, and doesn't connect players together. It's up to the game developer/publishers to host the Master server and they don't get any funding to host these servers. This is why many games which are only playable online with a Xbox live account don't even work anymore.
Xbox live doesn't actually host it's own matchmaking servers, those are done by a game to game basis by the developers of the game.
Your paying for deals to buy games from the microsoft store which microsoft takes a large cut from, other digital distribution platforms give you those deals (and often much better ones) for free.

Xbox live is just a huge waste of money for everyone involved (except microsoft!)

Just feel like I should point out that as far as the servers are concerned, this isn't accurate anymore. While it was the case on the 360, the X1 does indeed have dedicated servers. Not that I care how you feel about xbox live, not everything is for everyone, but lets try and keep the facts straight.

Eh, ish.

Microsoft is allowing devs to use their servers, but it seems that they're still opting to use their own in-house servers as only Forza, Titanfall, and to a lesser extent, Ghosts uses MS's dedis. Everything else is still either host based or in-house servers, neither having anything to do with Microsoft.
#17RaikouenPosted 8/17/2014 10:04:12 AM
Orestes417 posted...
You're essentially paying to VOIP with 12 year olds

And to have one account work across almost every game on the system as well as keep track of progress by tying it in with your account.
#18RosencroitzPosted 8/17/2014 10:06:01 AM(edited)
TropicMoon10 posted...

Not that I'm defending Microsoft, but premium television. Much more recently there's Hulu-Plus, which is even worse.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#19Abiz_Posted 8/17/2014 10:11:59 AM
After playing Ghost on the x1. I have a hard believing that is a dedicated server. Death cam never matched what actually happen.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#20RaikouenPosted 8/17/2014 10:17:59 AM
Abiz_ posted...
After playing Ghost on the x1. I have a hard believing that is a dedicated server. Death cam never matched what actually happen.

Depends on the mode. TDM, Dom, and Search and Rescue are dedis on core, that's confirmed. DLC playlists and modes like Infected are confirmed host based. Other modes are iffy.

You do realize, though, that a dedicated server doesn't mean lag-less server, right? If your connection to the server is still bad, you'll continue having odd instances occur.