This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm tired of paying for multiplayer

#21DC07301981Posted 8/17/2014 10:20:21 AM
I had Xbox Live Gold for about 4 years before I cancelled it. It was a hassle too...couldn't cancel it online so I had to call customer service and have it discontinued. I'm glad to have switched to PC where the online is free. I rarely play online nowadays anyways but it's good to know that if I ever have the itch to play online again I don't have to pay anything.
#22njkking01(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 10:26:42 AM
Raikouen posted...
njkking01 posted...
Yeah I only had gold for two years but I'm done
It's out rageous does anyone know if gta v for pc will have online and will my 360 stats carry over I know on consoles it will carry over not sure about pc

Yes and yes for GTA5.

PC GTA5 is a port of the upcoming PS4/X1 release and R* announced stats obtained from any version of GTA5 last gen will carry over to any version of the remastered version.

Sweet defiantly getting this on pc this and the older cods are the reason I didnt upgrade to next gen but now I can play those and I hope the next red dead comes to pc.
#23Edavy89Posted 8/17/2014 10:32:36 AM
Eh, ish.

Microsoft is allowing devs to use their servers, but it seems that they're still opting to use their own in-house servers as only Forza, Titanfall, and to a lesser extent, Ghosts uses MS's dedis. Everything else is still either host based or in-house servers, neither having anything to do with Microsoft.

I can't really comment to that level of specificity, because I'm not that well informed on the subject. The point of my post was simply that they DO now exist, and trying to avoid the spread of mis-information. Especially when that mis-information if passed off as a "fact". Everyone gets things wrong here and there, but when people aren't positive of what they are saying, they should at least add in some caveat to the statement to show it.
#24gunner967Posted 8/17/2014 10:43:51 AM
njkking01 posted...
Yeah I only had gold for two years but I'm done
It's out rageous does anyone know if gta v for pc will have online and will my 360 stats carry over I know on consoles it will carry over not sure about pc

It'll have online and I think stats will carry over no matter what platform you go to. I'm not sure though.
---
XBL A Killing Pie~PSN A_Killing_Pie~Steam Scooby Doo
"I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!"
#25Abiz_Posted 8/17/2014 10:48:54 AM
Raikouen posted...

Depends on the mode. TDM, Dom, and Search and Rescue are dedis on core, that's confirmed. DLC playlists and modes like Infected are confirmed host based. Other modes are iffy.

You do realize, though, that a dedicated server doesn't mean lag-less server, right? If your connection to the server is still bad, you'll continue having odd instances occur.

All I played was TDM. I'm not impressed with MS dedicated servers. I know about ping. I hardly ever get above a 80 ping in most games I play. Usually everything is smooth unless I'm playing something like Day Z or Arma 3's breaking point with iffy servers.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#26pothocketPosted 8/17/2014 11:07:26 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...

Ads. On a service you pay for.

What the ****

Just like nearly everything else. What's your point?

Anyways, on topic. No I wasn't bothered by having to pay for Live on my 360. I was actually paying less for Live and internet than most other people pay for their internet connection alone.

Unless you live at home and your parents pay your bills, I don't want to hear about how you can play online for "free"
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#27kobalobasileusPosted 8/17/2014 11:07:53 AM
I never did online MP with any consoles, even when it was free. It's too inconvenient and relies on my friends owning the same expensive discs I do.

Steam selling super-cheap 4-packs of MP games, plus the nice Steamworks online infrastructure actually has convinced me that online MP isn't 100% pure garbage.
#28TropicMoon10Posted 8/17/2014 11:21:51 AM
pothocket posted...

Just like nearly everything else. What's your point?

We're talking about a service that shouldn't be charging money to begin with.

There's a difference. Big difference.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#29BogePosted 8/17/2014 11:42:46 AM
Paying $50 a year is like adding another $400 to the cost of the system price. That makes it a $900 system instead of $500 (at launch anyway). A $1000 gaming PC doesn't sound so expensive anymore, does it?
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#30wizardmonPosted 8/17/2014 11:43:56 AM
Edavy89 posted...
The point of my post was simply that they DO now exist, and trying to avoid the spread of mis-information.

I personally don't believe in the Xbox One (2013).
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)