This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm tired of paying for multiplayer

#31Edavy89Posted 8/17/2014 11:51:27 AM
Boge posted...
Paying $50 a year is like adding another $400 to the cost of the system price. That makes it a $900 system instead of $500 (at launch anyway). A $1000 gaming PC doesn't sound so expensive anymore, does it?

Easy to make incredibly subjective statements like that. The online service allows for all games capable of online play on the system to be played. Can you play every game PC has to offer for free? lets see, ESO, WoW, Wildstar, SW:ToR, that's 60 dollars a month, you added in the cost of an 8 year system life to your "system cost" so if I do the same... that adds 5,760 to your computer, making it a $6,760 dollar computer.
#32Abiz_Posted 8/17/2014 11:53:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#33Edavy89Posted 8/17/2014 11:56:04 AM
wizardmon posted...
Edavy89 posted...
The point of my post was simply that they DO now exist, and trying to avoid the spread of mis-information.

I personally don't believe in the Xbox One (2013).

And not to double post, but... huh? I'm sure you have a point, I just don't get it.
#34njkking01(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 12:10:56 PM
Boge posted...
Paying $50 a year is like adding another $400 to the cost of the system price. That makes it a $900 system instead of $500 (at launch anyway). A $1000 gaming PC doesn't sound so expensive anymore, does it?

You dont even need a 1k pc probbaly $700 will give you a beast Rig.
#35Chosen_one_41Posted 8/17/2014 12:41:56 PM
I honestly didn't mind paying for Xbox Live when I used to, it really wasn't that much. I'd always buy a years worth right after christmas time with some of the money I got. Once I branched out to PS3 and PC it stopped being worth it because I could just not pay for it and stick to the MP on those systems. Why buy GTAV on Xbox and pay for live when I could just buy it for PS3 and not pay live?
---
www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
I'm not a real gamer, I actually enjoy playing games
#36SetzeraPosted 8/17/2014 12:46:29 PM
I have a long history of not paying subscription fees for games or gaming related things.

The first one I ever got in to, was PSO 2 on DC, once I blasted through the content, I went back to PSO 1, which was free. WoW was also very short lived.

The first Xbox, refused to go online. Xbox 360, only went online when I got free Gold time, which was basically a month total. PSPlus I volunteered to pay for a whole year back on PS3, because I wanted to help support.

But on PS4, it's going to take a damn good game to convince me to pay to play multiplayer. That's why all my multiplat purchases will be on PC.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#37Fou LuPosted 8/17/2014 12:47:49 PM
No, Microsoft's joke of a "Deals with Gold" led me to cancel.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#38BogePosted 8/17/2014 8:04:27 PM
Edavy89 posted...
Boge posted...

Easy to make incredibly subjective statements like that. The online service allows for all games capable of online play on the system to be played. Can you play every game PC has to offer for free? lets see, ESO, WoW, Wildstar, SW:ToR, that's 60 dollars a month, you added in the cost of an 8 year system life to your "system cost" so if I do the same... that adds 5,760 to your computer, making it a $6,760 dollar computer.

Those are all MMOs. Most gamers don't play more than one at a time. Most of those games also have free to play options. And, MMOs on consoles also require a subscription fee. So, you can just cancel those costs out of the equation.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#39Jedi454Posted 8/17/2014 8:14:30 PM
I sold my Xbox One and built my PC last week, which was the best possible thing I could have done. Sick of getting robbed by Sony and Microsoft.
#40rainedownPosted 8/17/2014 9:09:03 PM
Rosencroitz posted...
TropicMoon10 posted...
Ads. On a service you pay for.

Not that I'm defending Microsoft, but premium television. Much more recently there's Hulu-Plus, which is even worse.

Hulu plus gets such a bad rap. It's not a Netflix-style service, it's a replacement for cable. You pay around one tenth of the price and watch only 2-3 commercials per break while also having access to the shows at any time.

Anyways, TC, that was the nail in the coffin for me with consoles, I've spent less and less time gaming on them lately and so I gave up XBL last year. Now that it's gone it's made it far less worthwhile to even turn the thing on, ironically making their cash grab cost them my money.