This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Time to rethink beats headphones?

#21_Marka_Ragnos_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 11:12:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22WormBoi3Posted 8/17/2014 12:45:26 PM
cynicwithin2000 posted...
cynicwithin2000 posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

Definitely a beats owners. Lol. Herpderp mods

Lmao

So anyway this review say Beats aren't terrible anymore? That's good to know.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#23ein311Posted 8/17/2014 1:15:45 PM
wizardmon posted...
I wonder if the Beats by Apple is the reason they apparently improved in quality.

Going by Apple's prior headphones, I'd say no...

And I'm going to guess that these Beats were in development before the acquisition, so maybe Beats was actually looking to improve their sound quality?
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#24_Marka_Ragnos_(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 1:17:17 PM
ein311 posted...
wizardmon posted...
I wonder if the Beats by Apple is the reason they apparently improved in quality.

Going by Apple's prior headphones, I'd say no...

And I'm going to guess that these Beats were in development before the acquisition, so maybe Beats was actually looking to improve their sound quality?

It might be a result of Beats becoming its own entity after they left Monster Cable?
---
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Macbook Pro Retina|iPad Air
http://i.imgur.com/j8vZrBQ.jpg
#25Rud3BwoyPosted 8/17/2014 1:20:29 PM
wizardmon posted...

nope,i had the mixr editions before they even got bought out and the sound quality is amazing on those,use them for gym purposes even on my xbox one it sounds pretty good of course i have astro gaming headsets tho
#26ein311Posted 8/17/2014 1:27:33 PM
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...
It might be a result of Beats becoming its own entity after they left Monster Cable?

I wouldn't argue with that.

My girlfriend's brother bought her a pair of Beats for Christmas since they are her favorite color (red). I tried them on and they really didn't sound _terrible_ although I know there are cans out there that produce better sound for less money.
They've always been pushed as a status thing/fashion accessory, so it's a good thing that Beats is improving on sound quality to match their focus on aesthetics.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#27LordOfLegaciesPosted 8/17/2014 1:29:57 PM
Greendragon854 posted...
They could release the best headphones in the world, it'd still be twice as expensive and marketed to 12 year old thugs

I came in here to say almost exactly this same thing.

SnipeStar posted...
i thought everyone mutually understood that you look stupid when you walk around with what looks like satellite dishes attached to your head

I wish it were so. Every time I see some dumb chick on Facebook post a picture wearing trash can lids on their face, especially since they always have to be holding one of the cups with their hand, it just makes me wanna vomit.
But yeah it just makes you look like a huge d-bag.
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#28WyzeGyePosted 8/17/2014 3:15:38 PM
Rud3Bwoy posted...
i had the mixr editions before they even got bought out and
the sound quality is amazing
on those,use them for gym purposes even on my xbox one it sounds pretty good of course i have astro gaming headsets tho

Quiet you
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#29Unsugarized_FooPosted 8/17/2014 3:24:02 PM
I use the Beats Solo for my PC. They were an unexpected gift from my mother.

They're pretty good, not the best. Sound is a 7/10, bass is decent and highs could be better. Sound cancellation is really good.

Not bad for $75~ if you're into that as s fashion item. Excellent for free.
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#30Rud3BwoyPosted 8/17/2014 3:31:27 PM
the inear one does suck tho i had them and returned them asap unless they got revised but the mixr are dam good