This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand how there's people who don't take e-sports seriously

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't understand how there's people who don't take e-sports seriously
11 months ago#101
Notice how the only people who try to push "video games are sports!!!" are people who, you know, have never actually played a sport? And are THE stereotype definition of a nerdy basement dweller?

Probably a coincidence
11 months ago#102
Tyranius2 posted...
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...
Sorry but I'm never going to look at a "professional" StarCraft or League of Legends player and have the same respect for them that I do for someone like Lebron James or Chris Paul. And luckily, the vast majority of the general public agrees with me.

Well, these same guys you don't respect much have accomplished more than you will in your lifetime. You're just another corporate worker while they are known worldwide and elite amongst gamers. You aren't even elite in your own job.

I'm an avid gamer currently attending college....I have no flying idea who Merlini is, nor who the "top gamers" are. Also, how naive of you to assume that how you value 'accomplishments' is any better than anyone else, or that you even have the right to be critical.

Thanks for clearly showing you're trolling, I don't have to waste my time, which is more valuable than yours I might add, reading through the entire thread.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) @930MHz | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912
11 months ago#103
Tyranius2 posted...
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...
Sorry but I'm never going to look at a "professional" StarCraft or League of Legends player and have the same respect for them that I do for someone like Lebron James or Chris Paul. And luckily, the vast majority of the general public agrees with me.

Well, these same guys you don't respect much have accomplished more than you will in your lifetime. You're just another corporate worker while they are known worldwide and elite amongst gamers. You aren't even elite in your own job.

And the winner of saltiest comeback goes to..
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
11 months ago#104
Yeah I don't get these topics, E-sports are becoming a thing and there's nothing anyone can do about that. They take just as much effort as any physical sport like Football, or Poker/Chess which is more about mind games. There's no need to bash other types of sports because you don't like them >_>
---
Sweet Dreams! | FC: 1521-2824-1847
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
11 months ago#105
Tyranius2 posted...
It's actually MORE demanding than any other actual sport. Do you see 30-35 year old pro gamers? No. When a pro gamer reaches about 25 years of age, his sponsors will already be contemplating firing the player, with very few exceptions like Merlini who recently joined a team.

That's all because nearing 30 you can't be as fast as a 17yo kid. That just shows how prepared you have to be to thrive in this area and I'm glad e-sports are getting some love from the media now.

It's because eSports are ****ing stupid.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
11 months ago#106
SleepComa posted...
have you ever seen a 35 year old football (soccer) player ?

Giggs
---
\m/>_<\m/
11 months ago#107
WyldStallyns posted...
SleepComa posted...
have you ever seen a 35 year old football (soccer) player ?

Giggs

Has been pretty @#% for the last 5 years though.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
11 months ago#108
Because a real athlete needs to use their BODY and mind to reach peak performance. They spend their entire life training, and they burn out incredibly quickly when the training takes it's toll on the body.

Video gamers just uses a mouse and keyboard. Why would I ever respect someone who sacrifices nothing?
---
I smolder with generic rage.
11 months ago#109
There's always people passionate about something. If those people are amused by what they willingly dedicate time to, good for them.

This assumes said passion isn't disruptive to other persons directly.
11 months ago#110
Both are glorified positions that don't contribute anything useful to humanity as a whole aside from being one of the many choices of a time waster.
---
3DS FC: 4785 5422 7178
Steam: Soldieroffate
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't understand how there's people who don't take e-sports seriously

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived