This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand how there's people who don't take e-sports seriously

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't understand how there's people who don't take e-sports seriously
9 months ago#121
If you want "e-sports" to be taken seriously then you need to get the people that put tournaments together to have some kinda code of conduct with regards to the players. It's really hard to like any of these people. They're almost all universally obnoxious punks. And to make it worse, they're all usually teenagers. No one likes teenagers.

It comes off as a buncha beta males trying to act like alpha males around other beta males.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
9 months ago#122
Stefan1277 posted...
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...
Sorry but I'm never going to look at a "professional" StarCraft or League of Legends player and have the same respect for them that I do for someone like Lebron James or Chris Paul. And luckily, the vast majority of the general public agrees with me.

As in, you won't have the same respect for intellectually superior people as you do for physically superior people.

That's the mentality of the majority, TC, a bunch of shaved monkeys cheering for other shaved monkeys who can throw something faster than the rest. A lot of E-Sports require mental superiority, and that has NEVER been looked upon as something good in life. Ever... At least not in this country.

Sounds like someone's never actually played a real sport, at least not at a competitive level. If you think there's no amount of a thinking going on when playing, then I don't know what to tell you because it would be impossible to actually explain.

Believe it or not, most actual sports are mostly mental. You may run faster or throw further than the other guy, but if you don't know how to react to situations, anticipate moves, and out think the other guy, you're going to lose 9/10 times.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
9 months ago#123
Umm, no.
9 months ago#124
I think it's laughable that any sport, e or otherwise, is considered a valuable commodity and that the players are worth the ridiculous sums of money they get paid.

Think about it: They are doing something recreational at an entirely-too-serious level of competition, to the point where it is no longer fun, but work... AND they expect to be compensated for it! Why? I guess it's because there are plenty of morons who like to watch other people "have fun."
9 months ago#125
kobalobasileus posted...
I think it's laughable that any sport, e or otherwise, is considered a valuable commodity and that the players are worth the ridiculous sums of money they get paid.

Think about it: They are doing something recreational at an entirely-too-serious level of competition, to the point where it is no longer fun, but work... AND they expect to be compensated for it! Why? I guess it's because there are plenty of morons who like to watch other people "have fun."

Capitalism. It's what the market will bear.

People act like this is some kinda modern phenomenon. It's not. Entertainers have always been prized throughout history. The best ones were usually compensated very well too. Remember, back in the day there were no movies and most people couldn't read. People put a premium on entertainment and pretending like it's not a valuable commodity shows how little you know about human nature.
---
(edited 0 seconds ago)
9 months ago#126
White-Ra frowns upon you
---
23,000 Days in the fire was long enough, Robin, you've gone home...
RIP ROBIN WILLIAMS (July 21, 1951 - August 11, 2014)
9 months ago#127
I don't take E-Sports seriously the same way I don't take Baseball seriously, I don't enjoy watching either so I really don't care about them.
---
www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
I'm not a real gamer, I actually enjoy playing games
9 months ago#128
I hate eSports. I really do.

I don't care for Hockey or Soccer, so I don't watch them nor keep up with what's going on. So why do I hate eSports and not Hockey and Soccer?

eSports messes with something I love. Why should my games be less fun for the sake of the very few overall gamers who do care for eSports? Take CoD for example, many things constantly gets changed around all year long because the eSports community finds them to be a problem. They don't have an issue banning certain things, and that should be fine, but because they feel one weapon shoots a little too fast, the devs feel the need to re-write the coding to make it play differently for the millions who don't care about these little whiners?
9 months ago#129
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...
I like how you presume to know anything about me. I'm in medschool. I'd much rather tell people that I'm a doctor than a "Professional gamer".

Med school isn't a noble profession like it once was. Overpopulation is a real problem these days.
---
there's no present like the present
http://i.imgur.com/1Ta7uex.jpg
9 months ago#130
grimsmalicence posted...
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...
I like how you presume to know anything about me. I'm in medschool. I'd much rather tell people that I'm a doctor than a "Professional gamer".

Med school isn't a noble profession like it once was. Overpopulation is a real problem these days.

That's true. Lifelong virgin males are the true heroes.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't understand how there's people who don't take e-sports seriously

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived