This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand how there's people who don't take e-sports seriously

#131Anutha OnePosted 8/17/2014 10:36:26 PM
Take it seriously as in because you can make money at doing it for a living OR take it seriously because it should seriously be considered a "sport" as a whole?

I for one have been playing electronic games for many a years now and I will never consider playing them a sport. It's pathetic that it has actually come to this.
---
Hey you, yes YOU! If you're not going to answer the posted question, then don't bother to reply!
#132VoidArgumentPosted 8/17/2014 10:37:51 PM
Boge posted...
I think it's because a 30 year old will usually have much much higher priorities than spending all his time playing video games.

---
We need Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. https://www.facebook.com/OperationMoonfall
https://soundcloud.com/voidargument
#133DiortePosted 8/17/2014 10:57:55 PM
Desulated posted...
Both are glorified positions that don't contribute anything useful to humanity as a whole aside from being one of the many choices of a time waster.

This guy gets it. "Take my hobby seriously guys, pls make me amorally rich."
---
[The Official George Washington of GFAQs Metroid boards]
http://i.imgur.com/6AzSxys.gif
#134HighOnPhazonPosted 8/17/2014 10:58:23 PM
Tyraniusb Flopic
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#135CaptainKatsuraPosted 8/17/2014 11:04:57 PM
The time spent trying to become a "professional" gamer could've been time doing more important things.
---
Herp-a derp
#136Damyen185Posted 8/17/2014 11:08:43 PM
I dont mind them at all but even how sport is defined is as physical exertion, which i doubt many people who pro esport regularly do. It would make no sense in the olympics as some people think it would, and it would have one of the most country biased participations seeing as only better off countries or individuals would be able to participate.
#137thelocalhentaiPosted 8/17/2014 11:10:56 PM
Aside from my teenage years playing hockey, I'm not at all a sports guy and I can easily say E-sports isn't even close to the same level as traditional sports.
#138RaikouenPosted 8/17/2014 11:14:10 PM
Damyen185 posted...
I dont mind them at all but even how sport is defined is as physical exertion, which i doubt many people who pro esport regularly do. It would make no sense in the olympics as some people think it would, and it would have one of the most country biased participations seeing as only better off countries or individuals would be able to participate.

You also have to consider cultural tastes that would come into participation interests.

For example, if CoD made it to the Olympics (if any game did, it'd likely be this since it's the first one to be recognized as a real sport and has had recognition in the X Games), Japan and most of Asia for that matter wouldn't participate. They're not interested in military shooters and wouldn't want to partake in it. This would leave Europe vs America, really, and that's it.
#139istmirechtegalPosted 8/17/2014 11:17:48 PM
XD Thanks for the laugh TC. This made my day.
---
I can't profess to understand God's plan, Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.
#140Damyen185Posted 8/17/2014 11:21:16 PM
Raikouen posted...
Damyen185 posted...

You also have to consider cultural tastes that would come into participation interests.

For example, if CoD made it to the Olympics (if any game did, it'd likely be this since it's the first one to be recognized as a real sport and has had recognition in the X Games), Japan and most of Asia for that matter wouldn't participate. They're not interested in military shooters and wouldn't want to partake in it. This would leave Europe vs America, really, and that's it.

I mean hell they took wrestling out of the Olympics, and that was one of the original sports. I think e-sports should have their own event type thing, but they aren't sports in the same sense of the word that's been used for thousands of years, and don't belong in the same field and really wont appeal to the same types of people.