This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand how there's people who don't take e-sports seriously

#161PsythikPosted 8/18/2014 4:55:46 AM
Late to the topic but whatever: I don't understand how there's people who do take e-sports seriously. Why would I want to watch somebody else play video games?
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#162MuhammadJAPosted 8/18/2014 5:01:49 AM
You don't have to be an athlete to mash buttons. Some professionalism.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.
#163blax34dmPosted 8/18/2014 5:06:01 AM
I want to figure out some way to participate in other leisure activities and have people want to watch and give me money for it. How great would it be to just sit and watch tv for extended periods of time and then have people argue online whether you're an athlete or not.
#164Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 5:12:36 AM
blax34dm posted...
I want to figure out some way to participate in other leisure activities and have people want to watch and give me money for it. How great would it be to just sit and watch tv for extended periods of time and then have people argue online whether you're an athlete or not.

comparing watching tv to gaming at pro level, lmao
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#165DarthVashtiPosted 8/18/2014 5:26:11 AM
Tyranius2 posted...

It's a bunch of people playing video games. There's nothing serious about playing video games.
---
XBL: blueknight1st
#166matu90rkPosted 8/18/2014 5:29:36 AM
Well, the increasing popularity of e-sports have certainly helped neckbeard shut-ins who do nothing more than play video games feel like they are actually doing something important. Should the rest of society give in to this kind of self-delusion? The answer is No.
#167Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 5:30:21 AM
DarthVashti posted...
Tyranius2 posted...

It's a bunch of people playing video games. There's nothing serious about playing video games.

And [insert sport here] is a bunch of people playing [sport]. Why is video gaming looked down upon but people playing soccer in the beach is not?
---
#168Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 5:31:30 AM
matu90rk posted...
Well, the increasing popularity of e-sports have certainly helped neckbeard shut-ins who do nothing more than play video games feel like they are actually doing something important. Should the rest of society give in to this kind of self-delusion? The answer is No.

Athletes aren't doing anything important either but society gave in to this delusion long ago. Let's give gaming the free card as well, we shall not discriminate.
---
#169matu90rkPosted 8/18/2014 5:38:08 AM(edited)
Tyranius2 posted...
matu90rk posted...

Athletes aren't doing anything important either but society gave in to this delusion long ago. Let's give gaming the free card as well, we shall not discriminate.

Well, athletics usually contribute to leading a healthier life. Competitive gaming, on the contrary, promotes an unhealthy and sedentary lifestyle. I couldn't care less about athletics and/or competitive gaming as long as public funds aren't destined to further private careers, like what happens with soccer clubs and their players in my country.
#170TES_NutPosted 8/18/2014 5:37:00 AM
The Troll is strong with this one.
---
"Sing of Manetheren, the sword that could not be broken
...Weep for Manetheren. Weep for what is lost forever"