This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand how there's people who don't take e-sports seriously

#201cancerstormPosted 8/19/2014 3:30:34 AM
I think it's stupid but all my fellow cs nerd buddies watch league of legends wtf
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#202iemerg_Posted 8/19/2014 3:34:43 AM
Tyranius2 posted...
It's actually MORE demanding than any other actual sport. Do you see 30-35 year old pro gamers? No. When a pro gamer reaches about 25 years of age, his sponsors will already be contemplating firing the player, with very few exceptions like Merlini who recently joined a team.

That's all because nearing 30 you can't be as fast as a 17yo kid. That just shows how prepared you have to be to thrive in this area and I'm glad e-sports are getting some love from the media now.

How is it more demanding and how does age have anything to do with sitting there all day on your ass? No, when you're 30-40 you grow up thats why theres no old competitive gamers. E-sports IS a joke, aside from CS 1.6 that was the stuff.
---
"Only real men can cook bacon shirtless" me
#203Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 3:52:38 AM
iemerg_ posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
It's actually MORE demanding than any other actual sport. Do you see 30-35 year old pro gamers? No. When a pro gamer reaches about 25 years of age, his sponsors will already be contemplating firing the player, with very few exceptions like Merlini who recently joined a team.

That's all because nearing 30 you can't be as fast as a 17yo kid. That just shows how prepared you have to be to thrive in this area and I'm glad e-sports are getting some love from the media now.

How is it more demanding and how does age have anything to do with sitting there all day on your ass? No, when you're 30-40 you grow up thats why theres no old competitive gamers. E-sports IS a joke, aside from CS 1.6 that was the stuff.

What does growing up have anything to do with professional gaming? It's as if you guys think there's an age range you're supposed to play video games.
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#204Mr kittyPosted 8/19/2014 4:07:41 AM
E-sport is so demanding that is preferable to have a normal job & just have fun playing. You really have to enjoy & be good at it if you want to get into it.

It is fun to watch, because they are proven to be the best or almost what you should consider the best at it. They climbed there in a way, but it give an idea how to beat the hardest difficulty in a certain game. You only see player who have to IQ for that specific game.

You can see negative comment about whatever, but it's simply jealousy. I see so much people who can't see the difference between Dance Dance Revolution & actual dancing. Like "Why you play DDR, why not taking dance course instead? ". The problem you see is that DDR is a step game while dancing is actually dancing. Some like salsa, some prefer to just play DDR. I'm pretty sure you burn more calories on DDR than dancing salsa, lol.

There's all sort of excuse...
---
Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K @4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|VisionTek HD7970 3GB|11TB storage|x-fi titanium hd|Silent Pro M1000W|Corsair 800D
#205Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 5:31:47 AM
Yeah, people like to say "video games are just sitting on your ass all day".

They forget that 15 hours of gaming a day puts a huge strain on your body. At least the 8 hours athletes go through of training makes them feel good at the end of the day. A 15 hour gaming session makes you feel terrible sometimes. Also the health issues you come across, weak bones due to no exercise and eventual death by pulmonary embolism.

It's not as easy as it sounds. I bet nobody here plays 15 hours a day on a regular basis. I used to and I know how bad it feels.
---
#206HighOnPhazonPosted 8/19/2014 5:57:01 AM
Tyranius2 posted...

They forget that 15 hours of gaming a day puts a huge strain on your body. At least the 8 hours athletes go through of training makes them feel good at the end of the day. A 15 hour gaming session makes you feel terrible sometimes. Also the health issues you come across, weak bones due to no exercise and eventual death by pulmonary embolism.

It's not as easy as it sounds. I bet nobody here plays 15 hours a day on a regular basis. I used to and I know how bad it feels.

It feels bad because you're sitting on hour ass doing nothing. Will you please shut up. Video gaming is and will never be considered a sport. Stop grasping because you never got picked for anything in gym class as a kid.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#207Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 6:06:50 AM
It feels bad because you're sitting on hour ass doing nothing.

Are you agreeing with me then? Video games require you to be sitting on your ass. Most of them anyway. Those who take part in the professional scene of gaming have to deal with this hence why it isn't so easy to be a pro-gamer. It's not just sitting on your ass. It's sitting on your ass and being able to take the health problems you're gonna have. Takes guts.

Stop grasping because you never got picked for anything in gym class as a kid.

I never attended gym class. Ever.
---
#208TiamatKillerPosted 8/19/2014 9:27:23 AM
Tyranius2 posted...

....sooo, we should be touting them as heroes for actively supporting an unhealthy lifestyle? What's your point
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) @930MHz | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912
#209Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 10:00:38 AM
TiamatKiller posted...
Tyranius2 posted...

....sooo, we should be touting them as heroes for actively supporting an unhealthy lifestyle? What's your point

No, you should respect them because they're not just "sitting on their ass". They are sacrificing their health and own well-being to compete in the area they love.
---
#210specter1717Posted 8/19/2014 10:12:09 AM
So you went borderline retard to full retard.