This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand how there's people who don't take e-sports seriously

#31ein311Posted 8/17/2014 2:10:34 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
Its been that long? LMAO. As you can see I don't follow sports

You should now use Adam Vinatieri. He's 41 and still kicking for the Colts.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#32hitokiri13Posted 8/17/2014 2:15:32 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
SleepComa posted...
have you ever seen a 35 year old football (soccer) player ?

Isn't Brett Farve like 40? He still plays...

Also TC E-sports are a joke. Its like Golf. You can be overweight and still do well.

lol Horrible post. You think Golf is the only one. Bret Farve retired. I'm Packers fan I don't like how he ended but played for Packers. I find it funny sports fans similar to fans in competitive gaming. E-Sport existed because fans existed just like fans of NBA and NFL.

Sports never cared at all if you stay healthy because it's just part of there advertising and they were paid to encourage physical sports so that they look good or else they will lose fans and money. After they finish there job they go to strip clubs and have fun like most people if they had tons of money to spend. Most of the sports fans is fake these days. Face it sports isn't what you think it.
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#33CELTEKKPosted 8/17/2014 2:20:11 PM
joke topic. tens of millions of people watch professional baseball, basketball, etc. the amount of revenue generated by the organizations dictates that the athletes get paid what they do. better players, higher revenue.

I don't know how people have a hard time comprehending that simple concept.
---
i long to see their faces...
regardless of the decay
#34saysallaPosted 8/17/2014 3:09:06 PM
It's kind of hard to take nerds playing Starcraft or LoL seriously.
#35overmaxxPosted 8/17/2014 3:14:08 PM
I guess it's just the pretentiousness of it that puts me off, it's like this terminology ("e-sports") is not something that naturally happened, it feels more like a bunch of companies and tryhard hardcore gamer minorities wanting their hobby to feel "real" to the people who bullied them in high school.

It doesn't really need to be a "sport", it is and always will be simply competitive gaming. There's no need to go pretentious and try to look like the sports leagues, because they have nothing to do with gaming.
---
PSN: Steel_Tarkus
I may have gone too far in a few places
#36r7gerrabbitPosted 8/17/2014 3:22:59 PM(edited)
I'd rather play a video game than watch one.
I'd rather play a sport than watch one.

Sport spectating has to be one of the most boring activities on the face of this planet, IMO.

The only difference is that when I'm playing a video game I'm under the influence, sitting down, and getting fat. While if I'm playing a real sport I'm sober and doing my body good with exercise that it needs.
---
Sig.
#37godplaysSNESPosted 8/17/2014 3:22:43 PM
The only sport that counts is Ice hockey
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#38castrejon04Posted 8/17/2014 3:26:05 PM
What is e-sports?
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#39GoraishiPosted 8/17/2014 3:27:14 PM
_Marka_Ragnos_ posted...
Sorry but I'm never going to look at a "professional" StarCraft or League of Legends player and have the same respect for them that I do for someone like Lebron James or Chris Paul. And luckily, the vast majority of the general public agrees with me.

I would agree that I wouldn't look at them like a pro basketball/football/soccer/baseball/etc player. Would I look at them like I look at a pro golfer? Yeah. How about pro poker player (also apparently a sport)? Yeah.

To me, there are real sports and then there are things being passed off as sports. E-sports I would put in the latter group, but I'd argue that it is just as legitimate as some of the main stream 'sports' that I would also put in that group.
#40beautifuldreamsPosted 8/17/2014 3:29:36 PM
chess isn't a sport, M:tG isn't a sport, videogaming isn't a sport
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~