This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is my GPU dead now? (tech help inside)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is my GPU dead now? (tech help inside)
1 year ago#1
http://i.imgur.com/DeUuJZQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/K3yWYzo.jpg

So I made another topic about this last week sometime, I came home from a 3 week trip and found my computer on with a blue screen (but not BSOD). It happened again last night, the same blue screen in the middle of a Hearthstone match. Thought giving it the night to cool off would help, but booted it up this morning and got the second image on the other monitor, and the computer not even detecting my Main monitor (main is HDMI on the left, secondary is DVI on the right). Now I'm just thinking the GPU is dying/dead. It as in a surge protector strip at my house, but none of the clocks had been reset so I don't think it was a power surge.

What do you guys think?
1 year ago#2
If you have done all other troubleshooting such as re-installing drivers, making sure the GPU is plugged in properly etc, then its safe to say it most likely is your GPU.

Was your computer off for your 3 week trip and was suddenly on when you came home without anyone using it?
---
Everyone run for cover! The durpocalypse has begun!
1 year ago#3
any lightning storms while you were gone, that can fry (hell even cut on) electronics.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
1 year ago#4
Yeah, I 100% know I turned it off before I left, because I made sure to update all my games before turning it off and such. I came back home, put away some stuff, went upstairs and it was on. No one else was in the house the 3 weeks either, we were all on the trip.

There probably were storms there, but it was in a surge protector strip. I did not switch off the PSU or unplug it though, just turned the computer off through Start menu. I don't think there was a surge at the house anyways, none of the electronics were reset throughout the house
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is my GPU dead now? (tech help inside)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived