This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

dedicated physx card?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. dedicated physx card?
2 years ago#21
ThisGuy101 good call. The extra ram on that card will come into play
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.4 ghz | MSI 990FXA-GD65 V2 | EVGA SLI TITANS | 16GB 1866 DDR3 | 850W Corsair | Win8.1 64bit | 3TB HD 256 SSD | Hyper 212 Evo | 4K | PS4|Xbox1
2 years ago#22
You don't need a dedicated card for PhysX anymore. Whatever you use will be powerful enough to do both.
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S
2 years ago#23
mrtywer posted...
I have an old GeForce 8800 GT, and plan on getting a 770 soon. Can I use the older one, in order to do a dedicated physx card?

You could, but they ran some tests a while back using older cards as dedicated PhysX cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbww3dhzK0M

He did a test with a GTX580 and an 8600GTS physx card.... The GTX580 scored higher by itself than it did using the old card as a dedicated PhysX card. Basically your 8800GT is useless to a 770.
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
2 years ago#24
Typical arrogance by Clouddx and stupidly from everyone else. In other words, the sky is blue.
Anime sucks
2 years ago#25
Dieinafire1 posted...
Clouddx don't talk and get back to your b.s. PS4 system killer benchmarks in 768p. What a joke
At least when I'm wrong I admit it.

Plus I'm in a middle of a system rebuild and when the next intel cpus come out I will have the best one. If you weren't lame I probably dust off one of my old 1080p monitors and thrown you a bone so could benchmark properly. Clouddx you're a sad soul

1. Sorry you can't believe that consoles can't outperform a $400 PC.

2. My Setup: https://imgur.com/a/2Gd8M

3. 1366x768 w/ SSA > 1080p

YOeastonYO posted...
Typical arrogance by Clouddx and stupidly from everyone else. In other words, the sky is blue.

If being correct is arrogant than I guess I am.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
2 years ago#26
ITT: People who are literally mad about another person's computer setup

Good thing you're all in one place so I can block you.
Herp-a derp
2 years ago#27
CaptainKatsura posted...

"I'm the mature person because I'm ignoring you all!" **fingers in ears** "Lalalala. Can't hear you!"
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
2 years ago#28
dementedlullaby posted...
CaptainKatsura posted...

"I'm the mature person because I'm ignoring you all!" **fingers in ears** "Lalalala. Can't hear you!"

Ignoring annoying people who aren't talking to you actually is the mature thing to do.
3DS F.C = 0387 - 9320 - 6533. Eric from Hawkeye
2 years ago#29
Always arguing on gamefaqs. Myself I just leave a comment and go on with my life. Usually I'm at different places getting inebriated and not caring. Sup
It's weird that pirates would go from shore to shore looking for buried treasure,
when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making.
2 years ago#30
People only argue here because they're bored, I hope. Go to any other website that's about helping and you usually get a friendly and helpful atmosphere, which can be boring.

Or least I hope so.
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. dedicated physx card?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived