This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is considered a fast bootup time on Windows 7 with an HDD?

#1CheezyPuffPosted 8/17/2014 8:53:48 PM
I had Windows 7 reinstalled but I feel like it's a lot slower since then. I timed it and from the moment I push the power button, it's around 50 seconds or so to get to the desktop.

I have a 7200RPM Caviar blue hdd btw.

It's been a long time since I've been on Win7, but is it normal to have a black screen for 1-2 seconds before the Welcome screen, and the sound that plays after the welcome screen to be way after the desktop is shown? I feel like it should play the sound right as the screen leaves the welcome screen.
---
You are beneath me...and it shows.
#2ClouddxPosted 8/17/2014 9:05:38 PM
CheezyPuff posted...
I had Windows 7 reinstalled but I feel like it's a lot slower since then. I timed it and from the moment I push the power button, it's around 50 seconds or so to get to the desktop.

I have a 7200RPM Caviar blue hdd btw.

It's been a long time since I've been on Win7, but is it normal to have a black screen for 1-2 seconds before the Welcome screen, and the sound that plays after the welcome screen to be way after the desktop is shown? I feel like it should play the sound right as the screen leaves the welcome screen.

Yeh, that's completely normal.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#3SlyClone2kPosted 8/18/2014 12:43:14 AM
The more software that's installed the slower it will get simple as that. Once you've piled on things like nvidea, logitech, naga tools etc.

If you go to run and type msconfig you will see a number of tabs including startup - you can probably disable things like Adobe Acrobat / Reader or anything by apple from startup. This will improve the startup time.
---
Take this! And that! And some of these! And one of those!