This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

one of the best custom rigs ive seen on craigslist before

#1Rud3BwoyPosted 8/18/2014 12:35:53 AM
http://cnj.craigslist.org/syd/4590672856.html

makes me wanna buy it
#2chris121691Posted 8/18/2014 12:39:27 AM
2600 dayum.
#3SleepComaPosted 8/18/2014 12:39:58 AM
What a ripoff
---
It's weird that pirates would go from shore to shore looking for buried treasure,
when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making.
#4Rud3Bwoy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 12:42:52 AM
SleepComa posted...
What a ripoff

not really
#5Ivany2008Posted 8/18/2014 1:05:43 AM
It really is a ripoff. I built mine for 2 grand Canadian. Add a 200 dollar keyboard, 200 dollar monitor and a 80 dollar headphones and its still better than this rig.

Who needs a custom cooling unit. It isn't worth it for just 8 gigs of ram, even if you overclock it. I run 2x8 gigs of ram with a H100i cooling unit, and even that is overkill unless I am going to start working on spreadsheets and need to overclock to keep my pc cool. I can run 3 big graphics intensive games at once and still not have my computer reach high temperatures.

What your paying for is the "custom water loop" and the monitor. Everything else in it is garbage. The hard-drive is really really bad.

You don't need anything bigger than a 120 gig hard-drive for a primary drive as it is only running the operating system and maybe some Virus/Spyware protection. A one TB WD Black hard-drive for 100 dollars is going to give you more value than the 250 gig secondary storage that is in that unit. My secondary is already dropped 250 gigs without pretty much anything on it.

You can build a better unit for 3/4 the price of what he is selling it for. Drop the custom loop, it isn't worth it. He probably paid 3 or 4 hundred on the loop itself which is why the system is so bloody expensive.
#6Rud3Bwoy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 1:07:35 AM
Ivany2008 posted...
It really is a ripoff. I built mine for 2 grand Canadian. Add a 200 dollar keyboard, 200 dollar monitor and a 80 dollar headphones and its still better than this rig.

Who needs a custom cooling unit. It isn't worth it for just 8 gigs of ram, even if you overclock it. I run 2x8 gigs of ram with a H100i cooling unit, and even that is overkill unless I am going to start working on spreadsheets and need to overclock to keep my pc cool. I can run 3 big graphics intensive games at once and still not have my computer reach high temperatures.

What your paying for is the "custom water loop" and the monitor. Everything else in it is garbage. The hard-drive is really really bad.

You don't need anything bigger than a 120 gig hard-drive for a primary drive as it is only running the operating system and maybe some Virus/Spyware protection. A one TB WD Black hard-drive for 100 dollars is going to give you more value than the 250 gig secondary storage that is in that unit. My secondary is already dropped 250 gigs without pretty much anything on it.

You can build a better unit for 3/4 the price of what he is selling it for. Drop the custom loop, it isn't worth it. He probably paid 3 or 4 hundred on the loop itself which is why the system is so bloody expensive.

someone seems jealous
#7myztikricePosted 8/18/2014 1:10:05 AM
is it you? you seem oddly defensive about it
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.
#8Rud3Bwoy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 1:11:18 AM
myztikrice posted...
is it you? you seem oddly defensive about it

na i own mac kiddo
#9myztikricePosted 8/18/2014 1:12:14 AM(edited)
definitely you bucko
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.
#10Ivany2008Posted 8/18/2014 1:12:12 AM
not really. As I said, my computer cost me 2 grand last X-mas, and is much better than this. I have 2 monitors and a third 46 inch television as a gaming monitor once I get it properly set up.

I'm just trying to saying that you can spend less for more