This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which gaming mouse?

#1ILBCNUINHELLPosted 8/18/2014 12:52:30 AM
I am looking for a new mouse since mine is going to hell. Currently I use a Logitech MX Performance, it, I probably can get it replaced cause it's still under warranty, but I want to pick something up better. I did a little looking around and have found four gaming mice that seem pretty good but I am having a hard time choosing one. They are: Logitech G502, Roccat Kone Pure Optical, Mionix Naos 7000, and the Corsair M65. Anyone have any input of them or maybe can recommend a good mouse that's not made by razer? I play all kinds of games so trying to pick something that works well all around.
#2IBKNAWTUPosted 8/18/2014 12:55:59 AM
I don't think I could continue using my computer if it were for my G700. I can't speak for the G700s, but it's apparently a direct upgrade. That being said, it's not for everybody as the three buttons on top can be a little awkward to reach for if you don't have big hands.
---
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
#3jedinatPosted 8/18/2014 1:22:00 AM(edited)
IBKNAWTU posted...
I don't think I could continue using my computer if it were for my G700.

What does that even mean... even supplying the missing "n't" it doesn't make sense.
#4riznich48Posted 8/18/2014 11:55:15 AM(edited)
get the new roccat kone pure military .. same as pure optical but newer/better sensor and a little refined

g502 has best sensor on market but is very heavy

also check out mionix avior 7000
#5cuteboi100Posted 8/18/2014 12:07:01 PM
I would disqualify the Logitech G502, its heavy, the Mionix Naos, it looks poorly made, and the M65 which is also heavy.

The Roccat looks to have many features that gamers value in a mouse: a few extra buttons, simplicity, quality construction, ergonomics, optical sensor. The only tidbit is that the button shell is part of the overall chassis which means uneven click pressure depending on where you click, which makes gaming very inconsistent.
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
#6IBKNAWTUPosted 8/18/2014 12:07:41 PM
jedinat posted...
IBKNAWTU posted...
I don't think I could continue using my computer if it were for my G700.

What does that even mean... even supplying the missing "n't" it doesn't make sense.

Whoops, didn't notice the typo, I of course meant "weren't". All I mean is that I love my G700 so much I don't think another mouse could replace it. I love the locations of the G buttons and the functions I can program into them. They're luxuries that I struggle not having.
---
Gabe: Reality has exiled you, you are no longer bound by its laws. - HoboSpartan
#7GunmaN1905Posted 8/18/2014 12:07:59 PM
I see that roccat has released kone xtd optical.

I'm using the laser one for a year now and it's easily the best laser mouse I've ever had. I never even noticed the difference between it and optical.

I'd go for one of their mice or logitech if you want bigger mouse that has ergonomic design.

If you're fine with ambidextrous one, go for zowie or steelseries.
#8ILBCNUINHELL(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 2:06:47 PM
Thanks for the replies, checked out the roccat kone xtd optical and military, definitely considering one of those now. Unfortunately the I don't think the xtd optical is out yet. I also seen the logitech g402 will be out soon but I figure if I was to go with logitech the g502 would be better because of the sensor.

I forgot to mention I do have large hands, like large size in gloves roughly, might be lil bit bigger, so I want to avoid having too small of a mouse. Grip wise I do a finger tip /palm, usually a hybrid of the two, and that's how I use my current mouse most of the time even though it's a palm grip mouse. I don't think weight should be too much of an issue on the logitech g502, my current mx performance mouse isn't that light to begin with.

The g502 is of course the only one I can pick up locally from the store, so it is the only one I can physically go test out which I plan on later while running errands.

Would optical be favorable for MOBAs also or just FPS?

Damn I'm indecisive......
#9riznich48Posted 8/18/2014 2:28:03 PM(edited)
if you have large hands definitely consider the avior 7000 or naos 7000

mionix mice are very well made .

also, the steelseries rival is good for larger hands but reports of slightly worse build quality than mionix. the rival should also be available in stores and has the same great sensor as the mionix mice while being lighter than the g502 if weight is an issue for you.

i love the roccat kone pure military and savu but they are small and light and are aimed for smaller hands or claw grip
#10ClouddxPosted 8/18/2014 2:35:50 PM
G502 is great, perfect sensor @ 800dpi. Go for it.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S