This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which gaming mouse?

#11GarquillPosted 8/18/2014 1:43:47 PM(edited)
cuteboi100 posted...
the Mionix Naos, it looks poorly made

what does that even mean
I've gone through so many gaming mice trying to find my favorite, and the Mionix Naos 7000 is my favorite so far. There's nothing cheap about it.

I do a fingertip/palm hybrid with it, just like you tc

cuteboi100 posted...
The only tidbit is that the button shell is part of the overall chassis which means uneven click pressure depending on where you click, which makes gaming very inconsistent.

this is only a problem on some mice
I know that garbage g9x mouse had this problem. The pressure varied greatly and it was always much stiffer than the left mouse button

it's fine on the EC1 evo, EC2 evo, Savu, g400, and naos 7000 (the mice I have)
---
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#12GarquillPosted 8/18/2014 1:45:41 PM
If you want big mice then some of the best options are

Mionix Naos 7000
Logitech G400S
Zowie EC1 evo

although if you're doing a hybrid fingertip/palm like me then I suggest removing the g400 from that
---
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#13psyduck151Posted 8/18/2014 2:24:25 PM
Why nobody mention Razer? Deathadder is a good mouse...
---
We Do Not Sow
#14KamenRiderBladePosted 8/18/2014 4:23:25 PM
Logitech G502 FTW
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#15NGd72Posted 8/18/2014 4:31:55 PM
I have Kone Pure Optical and LOVE it.

amazing mouse
#16Kad-ManPosted 8/18/2014 5:27:01 PM
psyduck151 posted...

Because its razer their crap breaks within weeks ive gone through 5 of their mice and 3 keyboard none lasting longer then 3 weeks each.
#17ClouddxPosted 8/18/2014 6:17:06 PM
Kad-Man posted...
psyduck151 posted...

Because its razer their crap breaks within weeks ive gone through 5 of their mice and 3 keyboard none lasting longer then 3 weeks each.

My deathadder has been in use for 3 years and has no problems whatsoever. It's the only good product that Razer makes and shouldn't be overlooked when looking for a good mouse. The sensor is great.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#18GarquillPosted 8/18/2014 6:30:33 PM
Clouddx posted...
It's the only good product that Razer makes

again with this
the abyssus and krait 4g are also great mice
razer also makes some good mouse pads such as the goliathus
---
#19ILBCNUINHELL(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 7:30:57 PM
Never had a Razer, was considering one originally but then I heard about the cloud software and login crap to change mouse settings and that was enough to deter me. Well the stories of their build quality not being good as they used to didn't help either I guess.

I would have more options if I was willing to go for a laser mouse but I miss having an optical, even though the difference between the two hasn't been to drastically noticable for me.

Anyways I finally checked out the Logitech G502 in store finally, it seemed pretty good but the $80 price tag for buttons I might not ever use makes it one of my last choices.

Roccat Kone Military seemed like a great choice but I was afraid it would end up feeling a little too small. If the their XTD optical is the same size as the regular laser XTD it would be a perfect fit. Unfortunately I don't think that one is out yet and it'd probably cost me more than the Logitech G502.

So I think I will go with the Mionix Naos 7000. It has just enough extra buttons and is close enough to the size of my current mouse except a small difference in height. It is also the cheapest option, can't go wrong for $60 plus reward certificates to knock down the price even further.

In the end I am probably better off having fewer buttons, I don't want to end up spending a extra money and not use half of them. Was kind of hard to choose even after doing a little research, they were all pretty good looking and highly rated. Thanks everyone for your input.
#20Saga3Posted 8/19/2014 7:34:57 PM
psyduck151 posted...

Because it's extremely flimsy. A year in and I already have the double click issue. All my mice before that never even faltered and some I've had for 5+ years.

Get a G400s