This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which gaming mouse?

#21Edavy89Posted 8/19/2014 7:39:55 PM
Kad-Man posted...
psyduck151 posted...
Why nobody mention Razer? Deathadder is a good mouse...

Because its razer their crap breaks within weeks ive gone through 5 of their mice and 3 keyboard none lasting longer then 3 weeks each.

Yeah..... I'm gonna go ahead and call BS on that.
#22KamenRiderBladePosted 8/19/2014 7:52:24 PM
Edavy89 posted...
Kad-Man posted...
psyduck151 posted...

Because its razer their crap breaks within weeks ive gone through 5 of their mice and 3 keyboard none lasting longer then 3 weeks each.

I'm going to have to agree that Razer is crap

I've owned at least 5 Razer mice

Each one has developed real annoying issues right around the end of the 1 year warranty.

From double clicking when single clicking

To random cursor movement

Sticky buttons

Mousewheel that stops working.

etc.

I use to be the biggest proponent of Razer

After being burned 5 different times, I've gone back to Logitech and has been perfectly happy since.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#23riznich48Posted 8/19/2014 8:19:50 PM
ILBCNUINHELL posted...
Never had a Razer, was considering one originally but then I heard about the cloud software and login crap to change mouse settings and that was enough to deter me. Well the stories of their build quality not being good as they used to didn't help either I guess.

I would have more options if I was willing to go for a laser mouse but I miss having an optical, even though the difference between the two hasn't been to drastically noticable for me.

Anyways I finally checked out the Logitech G502 in store finally, it seemed pretty good but the $80 price tag for buttons I might not ever use makes it one of my last choices.

Roccat Kone Military seemed like a great choice but I was afraid it would end up feeling a little too small. If the their XTD optical is the same size as the regular laser XTD it would be a perfect fit. Unfortunately I don't think that one is out yet and it'd probably cost me more than the Logitech G502.

So I think I will go with the Mionix Naos 7000. It has just enough extra buttons and is close enough to the size of my current mouse except a small difference in height. It is also the cheapest option, can't go wrong for $60 plus reward certificates to knock down the price even further.

In the end I am probably better off having fewer buttons, I don't want to end up spending a extra money and not use half of them. Was kind of hard to choose even after doing a little research, they were all pretty good looking and highly rated. Thanks everyone for your input.

not sure if you saw my post but the steelseries rival is cheaper if you haven't looked at it yet. great sensor and large for big hands. can't go wrong with the naos 7000 either though
#24ILBCNUINHELL(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 9:50:57 PM
riznich48 posted...
not sure if you saw my post but the steelseries rival is cheaper if you haven't looked at it yet. great sensor and large for big hands. can't go wrong with the naos 7000 either though

Was is such a rush that one slipped my mind, I just checked it out right now, and now I might have to go the store again just to see what that one is like.

Seems to be a decent size and it looks like it uses the same sensor as the Mionix Naos 7000. Only real differences would be the shape, and software. The price difference between the two is no big deal but if I find the SteelSeries Rival comfortable I will save $15 and time waiting for it to be delivered.

Don't really know which of the two has the best software, probably can't be too huge of a difference they both looked nice and simple. Wasn't going to order till the weekend at least, but back to being indecisive!

Buying a gaming mouse is serious business.
#25BiglabronPosted 8/19/2014 10:00:18 PM(edited)
I think many of you buy a mouse without really thinking about what you actually use of it.

Check your dpi, figure out what you play at.
Do you need excess buttons yes or no
wireless or wired
ergo or non
weight matter?

Figure out these questions, search accordingly. These are the actual reasons you would need a specific mouse...
---
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!
#26wdfosterPosted 8/19/2014 10:25:59 PM
Nobody has mentioned the g602. It is great for larger hands. Its basically a bigger g502. Its wireless, has a great sensor (500rpm), has ergonomically placed 6 side buttons feel great, and has amazing battery life. I play it adjusting my dpi between 1500 dpi to 2000 dpi as needed. It has a maximum of 2500 dpi, which may not be enough if you are running on three screens. Aside from that, the only thing I can criticize is the lack of a place for your pinky finger to rest.
---
Steam ID - BarneyRound
#27ClouddxPosted 8/19/2014 10:43:36 PM
wdfoster posted...
Nobody has mentioned the g602. It is great for larger hands. Its basically a bigger g502. Its wireless, has a great sensor (500rpm), has ergonomically placed 6 side buttons feel great, and has amazing battery life. I play it adjusting my dpi between 1500 dpi to 2000 dpi as needed. It has a maximum of 2500 dpi, which may not be enough if you are running on three screens. Aside from that, the only thing I can criticize is the lack of a place for your pinky finger to rest.

Looks decent, the guys said he noticed lag tho. >_> That's never good.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#28wdfosterPosted 8/19/2014 10:43:44 PM
Edavy89 posted...
Kad-Man posted...
psyduck151 posted...

Why is it so hard to believe? Razer is pretty much renowned for being crap. I have bought two of their products personally and had problems with them nearly right away.
---
Steam ID - BarneyRound
#29wdfosterPosted 8/19/2014 10:47:01 PM(edited)
Clouddx posted...
wdfoster posted...

Looks decent, the guys said he noticed lag tho. >_> That's never good.

I switched from a g9x to the g602, and have noticed zero increase in lag, so I call bs.
---
Steam ID - BarneyRound
#30KamenRiderBladePosted 8/19/2014 10:46:23 PM
I have the G602, there is no lag
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'