This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I love gog.com!

#1Jedi454Posted 8/18/2014 1:12:28 AM
So I log into my account for the first time since Fallout 1/2/ Tactics were on free, which is when I made my account, then to my surprise there another 8 free games added to my library!! Whether or not these games are any good is subjective, but the fact they've added games into my account for having done nothing is amazing.

This is definitely a great place to buy old school games (this isn't an advertisement) and what is even more amazing is that I thought the Fallouts would disappear from my library since gog.com aren't longer allowed to sell them, but no they're still available to be downloaded at any time for PC or MAC. Excellent!

/blogfaqs.
#2RPGMattPosted 8/18/2014 1:39:00 AM
Jedi454 posted...
(this isn't an advertisement)

This is an advertisement.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#3TimePharaohPosted 8/18/2014 1:48:31 AM
Why is that amazing? Steam doesn't delete delisted games from your library, no one does.

And you mean the 8 free games that literally every person who makes an account gets? k
#4SpazH3dPosted 8/18/2014 2:15:06 AM
GOG is the best thing to happen to PC gaming. Also Steam.
---
- My vision is augmented
#5matthatter56Posted 8/18/2014 2:20:21 AM(edited)
I agree with TC. I bought the Might and Magic and Ultima games. I love old school RPG's like those games. I just wish they would get some of the old FPS's on there. Like Star Trek Generations. That game was awesome man. I can still remember some of the quotes from that game.

"He's dead".

"There's something in his hand" and before the immature people take that the wrong way what was in the Klingon's hand was a key to open up on of the locked doors.

"These could be the creature's antibodies"

I loved how in that game you could literally pick up any of the enemy weapons and either stun or turn the blaster up to full power and disintegrate them. I am sure it isn't on Gog due to some stupid licensing issue or something stupid like that.

Oh yeah and I wish they'd put all the Carmen Sandiego games on Gog as well. You know the ones that were like cartoon graphics and you had that kimono puzzle and that horrid counting frame puzzle.

So yeah I love Gog but I just wish they would put more of the old games on their site. *sigh*
#6BilliePilgrimPosted 8/18/2014 2:20:23 AM
They accepted my Steam CD keys of Witcher 1 and 2 and gave me versions on their site, and when my Witcher 1 key didn't work all I had to do was screenshot my library and send it to them and I got a working key next day. Then, since I had both games in my gog library, I was able to get an extra 10% off on a Witcher 3 preorder.

Pretty sweet deal.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#7Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 4:21:54 AM
Gog is the future for old school games, guys.

TimePharaoh posted...
Why is that amazing? Steam doesn't delete delisted games from your library, no one does.

And you mean the 8 free games that literally every person who makes an account gets? k

Take it easy fella, did you have a bad day at work or something?
#8SpazH3dPosted 8/18/2014 5:32:52 AM
Jedi454 posted...

TimePharaoh posted...

Every day of his life is a bad day. :) I don't think I've seen him be positive even once.

The free games are supposedly great classics, but I haven't touched them yet because I started PC gaming late. (and thus don't know much about them)
---
- My vision is augmented
#9FlakconPosted 8/18/2014 5:34:45 AM
Jedi454 posted...

TimePharaoh posted...

It is always like that. It's like it exists to be a thorn in everyone's ass. Just ignore it.
---
PSN: theSkarekro [Hailing from Singapore!]
AE2012: Adon Sagat Yang | Tekken: Kazuya Law Jin
#10spud_almightyPosted 8/18/2014 5:56:01 AM
Jedi454 posted...
So I log into my account for the first time since Fallout 1/2/ Tactics were on free, which is when I made my account, then to my surprise there another 8 free games added to my library!! Whether or not these games are any good is subjective, but the fact they've added games into my account for having done nothing is amazing.

This is definitely a great place to buy old school games (this isn't an advertisement) and what is even more amazing is that I thought the Fallouts would disappear from my library since gog.com aren't longer allowed to sell them, but no they're still available to be downloaded at any time for PC or MAC. Excellent!

/blogfaqs.

All things considered, some of those free games are better than Fallout. Beneath the steel sky is a wonderful game.