This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Joke Steam reviews should be banned

#41dementedlullabyPosted 8/18/2014 10:25:18 AM
D

It's on the same level as the stupid newegg reviews "My gpu didn't make me breakfast but I didn't take off an egg because......". It may be stupid but it's not harming anything. So why bother disallowing it?
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#42leonodoPosted 8/18/2014 10:54:24 AM
Nope, some of them are ACTUALLY funny
---
Sunshine is overrated...
Pokemon x FC: 0130-2593-2107 Pokemon trainer name: Safyrya
#43Cactuar512Posted 8/18/2014 11:11:24 AM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
C/D topics should be banned now that we can create polls.

---
Fallout 2>NV>1>3>Every other Fallout game. Don't agree? I don't care.
GameFAQs, where everyone trolls everyone
#44CC RicersPosted 8/18/2014 11:20:19 AM
Rayman Origins

1/10. It's not Kirby.

38 hours on record

LOL wut
---
And then Nick Fury meets Mace Windu and they're both like "Mother ******!!!" - Kicksave
http://i.imgur.com/uhbQ6vu.gif
#45KillzonegamingPosted 8/18/2014 11:33:20 AM
Uh...what does C and D stand for?
---
AC:NL Villagers: Ankha, Mint, Peanut, Marshal, Charlise, Stitches, Goldie, Molly, Kid Cat, Walt
#46Le0nMagnisPosted 8/18/2014 11:33:53 AM
C

I don't even know how they never thought about it. I mean, these don't help even a bit. It's just something for you to waste time reading. How the hell a review that says "bad game" help you? Why is it bad? Can't it be bad to one guy and good to other?

Not mentioning really stupid comments like "there's a green egg in this game".
---
Yes, I often forget something, so I almost always double post, if not triple.
#47SpazH3dPosted 8/18/2014 11:36:53 AM
Killzonegaming posted...
Uh...what does C and D stand for?

Cat and Dog. Or Confirm and Deny.
---
- My vision is augmented
#48Le0nMagnisPosted 8/18/2014 11:41:22 AM
dementedlullaby posted...
D

It's on the same level as the stupid newegg reviews "My gpu didn't make me breakfast but I didn't take off an egg because......". It may be stupid but it's not harming anything. So why bother disallowing it?

In the long term, if you keep allowing little issues to happen because they are "harmless", it will snowball to something that you don't even know how started.

Also, it's pointless to have a review option if people aren't posting reviews. Heck, if I want to read stupid posts I will go to the forums.
---
Yes, I often forget something, so I almost always double post, if not triple.
#49codyorrPosted 8/18/2014 11:49:02 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
You should be banned.

That's a bit harsh. Being modded is bad enough.
#50JKatarnPosted 8/18/2014 12:19:28 PM(edited)
Zohar_Metatron posted...
D. I mean, yeah, the joke structure is "describe a silly thing or situation from the game in a sentence or two tops, give game very high praises," or "describe game as simulator of one thing you do in game," and these wear real thin real fast.

However, you get rid of that and most of the reviews are still either

A. more about the user's PC ("I have this graphics card and it's super-powerful so the game looks okay") then the game, and thus worthless
B. about something related to the game, usually a thing that the reviewer is angry about ("this game has pixel art and I am sick of that" or "this game has a woman and I'm frightened of them"), that does not give any indication of the game's quality, and is thus worthless
C. in agreement with the general consensus about a game, which is agreed upon anywhere from two weeks before launch to fifteen minutes after launch depending on how much marketing there is and cannot be changed ever, and this consensus can be read anywhere and thus having it in several boxes on Steam store pages is worthless, but dissenting opinions from that, positive or negative, are downvoted into invisibility and thus worthless.

Being able to mark reviews as "jokes" or whatnot would just make point C worse, too. The only actual way to fix the system involves punching everyone on Steam until they stop being terrible, and who the hell has time for that?

Lol, QFT - it's a rare thing to find a bastion of rationality here on GameFAQs, I salute you. It's annoying to put some decent thought/time into a review and then see it buried under joke reviews or "DIZ GAME GUD!" and "THIS GAME SUXXORZ!" reviews that have been upvoted by the large mouth-breathing contingent of the Steam userbase.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES