This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people keep spreading the resolution lie?

#11Fade2black001Posted 8/18/2014 7:49:43 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Switch between 720 and 1080 on a 32 inch TV and sit on your couch at least 10 feet away and tell us how different it looks. Because that is how most console gamers see the games.

While waiting for a movie, my friend and I sat down and fired up crash bash. At first we were both appalled at how ugly the game was and how low resolution it was.
But about 2 minutes into our second attempt at "n ballism" http://crashbandicoot.wikia.com/wiki/N._Ballism and we were having too much fun to care anymore about the resolution.
Moral of the story, new games just suck so your nit picking resolution.

I thought I read somewhere that anything below 42 inches for a screen size you wont notice a difference between 720 and 1080.... I guess not.

Pixel density mostly only matters based on view distance. As distance increases, our eyes can't distinguish individual pixels. So 720 looks the same as 1080.
Scanlines also screw with our minds causing our brains to fill in the blanks which is why those 480 games on our CRT tvs looked so good back then, and so horrible now.

I see. Makes sense. I sit like 16in away from my monitor (22in). So me watching 1080P is usesless and does look the same as 720.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#12TropicMoon10Posted 8/18/2014 8:26:45 AM
Then you have idiot journalists saying nonsense like <30 fps in games offers a more cinematic look. Spreading it to people who don't know any better.

Can't help but facepalm at what the industry has become.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#13SinisterSlayPosted 8/18/2014 8:29:37 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
Then you have idiot journalists saying nonsense like <30 fps in games offers a more cinematic look. Spreading it to people who don't know any better.

Can't help but facepalm at what the industry has become.

They do love to lie. I am not certain if it has gotten worse though because I didn't follow the video game media very closely when I was young.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#14LikeGoodMorningPosted 8/18/2014 8:33:59 AM
Just unintelligent or people who don't wanna upgrade/spend money say they can't see a difference. Just like how some people say 4k makes no difference now or will never be worth it blah blah.
#15godplaysSNESPosted 8/18/2014 8:44:24 AM
Microsoft and Sony pushed the whole "HD graphics" last generation.
And for many years, the key advantage the PC versions had over the console versions visually was the ability to increase the resolution and AA
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#16LoshadtPosted 8/18/2014 8:44:53 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
They do love to lie. I am not certain if it has gotten worse though because I didn't follow the video game media very closely when I was young.

It has gotten much worse. There's a reason "silky smooth" has become sort of a meme, the other one that always gets me is when people say they can't see a difference between 30fps and 60fps, or that 30fps offers a more cinematic experience, or really anything along the lines of 30fps being somehow acceptable or even preferable in this day and age.
---
Scientifically proven.
#17JKatarnPosted 8/18/2014 9:01:44 AM
I wouldn't count a few people posting here and there on forums as some sizable group, but there are a lot of dim people out there, and they tend to reproduce like rabbits.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#18SinisterSlayPosted 8/18/2014 9:04:42 AM
JKatarn posted...
I wouldn't count a few people posting here and there on forums as some sizable group, but there are a lot of dim people out there, and they tend to reproduce like rabbits.

That's because for some stupid reason women prefer dumb men and they have more sex and thus more babies.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#19TheEntitledOnePosted 8/18/2014 9:08:41 AM
I don't remember people saying this crap before this generations of consoles. I think it's just a coping technique being used to justify these consoles.
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#20ShubPosted 8/18/2014 9:11:15 AM
http://s3.carltonbale.com/resolution_chart.html
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.