This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people keep spreading the resolution lie?

#31Bane766Posted 8/18/2014 12:00:54 PM
I've heard this about FPS...like above 60 it doesn't matter to the human eye. Not sure if true, but sometimes below 60 the game seems like it's lagging...so I'm sure there is a difference there.

As for resolution. That's just mostly MS fanboys talking that nonsense since most of the X1 games have only been running at 720. There IS a noticeable difference to the rest of us.
---
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort
#32KillerTrufflePosted 8/18/2014 12:01:13 PM
Like several people have said - TC is almost certainly visiting from the console boards, regardless of what he says. That "no difference" argument is much more common there.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#33SinisterSlayPosted 8/18/2014 12:02:46 PM
Bane766 posted...
I've heard this about FPS...like above 60 it doesn't matter to the human eye. Not sure if true, but sometimes below 60 the game seems like it's lagging...so I'm sure there is a difference there.

As for resolution. That's just mostly MS fanboys talking that nonsense since most of the X1 games have only been running at 720. There IS a noticeable difference to the rest of us.

I think the 60 came from CRT TV's requiring a minimum of 60 flashes a second before it no longer seemed to be flashing.
I always found I needed about 85hz to get rid of that flashing. I couldn't play a game at 60hz on my CRT and I used rivatuner to edit the drivers to make it think 60hz didn't exist so games would stop forcing it.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#34KOTRwhoopsPosted 8/18/2014 12:14:21 PM
I come here everyday and have done for 13 years. I've never seen anyone say this. Ever.
---
PLAYING - Destiny Beta (PS4), Dark Souls II (PC), Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
PSN / XBL / NN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555
#35SinisterSlayPosted 8/18/2014 12:51:37 PM
http://xkcd.com/395/
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence