This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Serious question for PC gamers...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Serious question for PC gamers...
1 year ago#21
pothocket posted...

Time = money

Uh... this is non-sense here. Your life doesn't come to a stop as you wait for one game. And heck, if you only buy things on sales, then you technically are buying them at similar intervals than people paying them at full price.

The time = money really just has no relevance whatsoever here.
1 year ago#22
pothocket posted...
Some people enjoy pissing away money to have another game in their backlog, I don't.

Time = money. Why would I wait half a year to save $10 on a game I want to play today? Your logic really only applies to overpriced AAA games and doesn't reflect the reality of the market place.

My logic reflects the realities of the market place for people that actually enjoy video games, rather than one or two titles a year, or a bunch of titles that they play for about an hour each and then promptly forget about.

If the game is any good, it will occupy a lot of your time. Unless it's one of those oh-so-cute "verrah importunt soshul expeery-ances" that indies like to put out that lasts all of half an hour because it's a one-dimensional walking simulator with absolutely zero in the way of actual game mechanics, a good game will be worth replaying, enjoying several times. With the number of games that release every day, let alone every week or every month on Steam, there is simply no way that a person with a job will actually have time to play all of them at release. Not in any sort of depth.

For the person that does intend to truly play a lot of these worthwhile games, it makes no sense to drop full price on them at launch, when you'll still have plenty to do from now until six or so months from now with everything else that you have access to, and six months from now you can get this game at half off or even better.

But then, I speak from the viewpoint of a hobbyist. I own hundreds of games, possibly edging into four-digit territory by now, thus I am never in the position of "I have to play this RIGHT NOW because I have nothing else to do".
1 year ago#23
I consider myself a gaming hobbiest too and also have a large back-log of games. Yet I still see stuff being released that I want to play now, today, before anything else in my backlog. So yeah, if a I deem a game "worthwhile" I have no problem buying it at launch and playing it right away. Makes a hell of a lot more sense than waiting half a year to save $10
1 year ago#24
half my friends will throw down full price on a new game, the other half will not buy single player games at all (they think it's perfectly reasonable&acceptable to pirate them)
1 year ago#25
Last year. Preordered Don't Starve.
1 year ago#26
I bought Tales of Xillia, I think most recently, for full price but that was on consoles. For PC, I don't buy games at full price...why bother.

Oh and I don't pirate either...except for old console games (PS2 and back games-nothing newer than that). I do use an em to play them.
MSI GT60 15.6" : I7-3630QM, GTX680M/4GB GDDR5, 12GBDDRIII, 750GB/HD
Douleur Peur Mort
1 year ago#27
Just bought Risen 3
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 760]
Steam ID: xcyper33
1 year ago#28
My latest purchas is Evolve preorder.
I love dragons!
3DS FC: 3625-8721-3670; Dragon safari including Dragonair.
1 year ago#29
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

i justify it by saying a paid $40 for Spec Ops and got the Bureau for free... helps me sleep at night.
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM:
Katawa Shoujo changed my life.
1 year ago#30
I bought Titanfall fairly new for 50% off and Watch_Dogs at full price. I am probably going to be pre-ordering The Crew (had a lot of fun in the beta, excited for the full game) and Far Cry 4. With steam running constant sales I just throw something I don't have to have NOW on my watchlist and get it when it comes down in price. There is enough competition in the digital market that aside from brand new releases you would be doing yourself no favors by throwing down MSRP for most titles (why is Blizzard so effin proud their stink that they don't reduce Diablo 3 or Starcraft prices).
Asus P8Z77-V LK, Intel i5 3570K@3.8GHz, Gigabyte nVidia GTX 560Ti SOC, 8GB PC3-12800, Win7 Ultimate 64-bit/XP SP3, X-FI Titanium PCI-E, Logitech Z-680 5.1
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Serious question for PC gamers...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived