This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New city simulator being developed by Finnish studio....

#1Lord_VaderPosted 8/18/2014 10:17:12 AM(edited)
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/cities-skylines

It looks decent but I'm not holding my breath after the SimCity disaster. Plus time and time again the Cities XL devs have tried to hype their games before release only to put out a buggy and limited mess that has the benefit of looking nice.

I have never heard of the devs for this new game and but hopefully they can give SimCity fans what they've been wanting for years now. The lack of a multiplayer mode is nice though since these types of games are best enjoyed alone imo and so they should only focus on making a polished singleplayer experience. Apparently the publisher is Paradox. Still have mixed feelings on this one considering that their games are hit and miss.
---
Live long and prosper.
#2SinisterSlayPosted 8/18/2014 10:34:43 AM(edited)
Lord_Vader posted...

It looks decent but I'm not holding my breath after the SimCity disaster. Plus time and time again the Cities XL devs have tried to hype their games before release only to put out a buggy and limited mess that has the benefit of looking nice.

I have never heard of the devs for this new game and but hopefully they can give SimCity fans what they've been wanting for years now. The lack of a multiplayer mode is nice though since these types of games are best enjoyed alone imo and so they should only focus on making a polished singleplayer experience. Apparently the publisher is Paradox. Still have mixed feelings on this one considering that their games are hit and miss.

Has paradox meddled a lot?
They didn't seem to meddle much in Warband.

Also

"play offline" is a feature.... LOL
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3Lord_Vader(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 11:20:16 AM(edited)
SinisterSlay posted...
Lord_Vader posted...

Also

They made Cities in Motion 1 and 2 as well as games like Victoria and Europa Universalis. The games, especially the grand strategy ones, are extremely detailed and require tons of micromanagement so that might turn some people off. However they're pretty fun if you can get into them. Idk how much control they have over their dev studios but hopefully they're not breathing down their necks or anything.

And yeah I loled when I saw that in the trailer. Pretty much a slap in the face to Maxis/EA.
---
Live long and prosper.
#4SinisterSlayPosted 8/18/2014 11:16:52 AM
Lord_Vader posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Lord_Vader posted...

Also

They made Cities in Motion 1 and 2 as well as games like Victoria and Europa Universalis. The games, especially the grand strategy ones, are extremely detailed and require tons of micromanagement so that might turn some people off. However they're pretty fun if you can get into them. Idk how much control they have over their dev studios but hopefully they're not breathing down their necks or anything.

And yeah I loled when I saw that in the trailer. Pretty much a slap in the voice to Maxis/EA.

That does make it sound good, though I never played those other games.
Right now I'm fully entrenched into roller coaster tycoon 1.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence