This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to separate sound from two things into seperate set of speakers.

#1ZanimarPosted 8/18/2014 10:20:05 AM
Heya, so I just got my HDMI cable today and have set up my TV as my second monitor (though it's been a touch hard since text on the TV is hard to read and I can't find a way to fix it that doesn't affect my main monitor) but trying to see if I can find away to have certain stuff play through my TV's speakers while the rest comes from my normal PC speakers. Basically I just want stuff I watch on my internet browser (aka netflix, youtube, hulu, etc) to have their sound on the TV while the sounds from my games are on my PC speakers. Is there a way to do this or no? If it helps any, the current web browser I'm using is Chrome.
---
Steam - Renryuu
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#2Dollarman_2005Posted 8/18/2014 10:33:36 AM
Would have to be sure the computer can recognize the tv as a seperate aound output. Not sure if that works.
#3Zanimar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 10:38:19 AM
I looked at the sound options and it does show my TV as a separate entity and I could even make it my default sound output, but then I had a problem with trying to get Final Fantasy 14 to output through my PC speakers since I couldn't find an option to change device to output sound to in the game.
---
Steam - Renryuu
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#4arleasPosted 8/18/2014 10:45:53 AM(edited)
I think every time this issue comes up, someone recommends a program called "Virtual Audio Cable" which would allow you to redirect certain things but I'm not sure if it works like you want it to or not since I don't have a similar thing to test it with...

I tried their "Trial" and the only thing I could determine was that there was a substantial lag, an annoying "TRIAL" voice nag, and a limit to how much you could use it for... whether these things are present in the end product or if it's all designed to force you to pay up, I don't know.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#5Zanimar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 10:45:11 AM
Hmm, well I can give it a try and see. Couldn't hurt to try at least. :)
---
Steam - Renryuu
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971