This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was checking out a CS:GO stream from a 'renouned' player

#21Edavy89Posted 8/18/2014 12:39:54 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Edavy89 posted...
And reasons like this are why FPS are always superior on consoles. For the simple reason that on consoles, it is significantly harder to cheat.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111026235521/foodtruck/images/7/73/Trollface.png

Sure, because online console games like Halo have *never* been plagued by cheaters.

Because I said console shooters *never* have cheaters? point out where exactly I said that, or even insinuated it. When someone says it is *harder* to do something somewhere else, that implies that obviously it is still possible, but harder to do. Don't try so hard cow pie.
#22That1GuyyPosted 8/18/2014 12:41:34 PM
I don't think framerate affects anything in Counter-Strike like it does in Call of Duty outside of your own reaction time, because the servers update on a fixed tic rate, and I feel like someone would have noticed by now if a different FPS allowed them to make skill jumps that normally aren't possible.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#23Worknofun370Posted 8/18/2014 12:41:56 PM
pothocket posted...
When looking at the competitive field, he has a point. Everyone is running the game on the same hardware, OS, and using the same input device. It creates an even playing field that puts an emphasis on player skill.

I think you're overstating the differences when talking about a true competitive level. Not to mention, when it comes to competitive FPS CS:GO is far and away the winner currently.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#24Worknofun370Posted 8/18/2014 12:42:21 PM
Edavy89 posted...
Uh oh, cool guy quotes and deletes half the message to feel special.

Lolz
---
hasa diga eebowai
#25KillerTrufflePosted 8/18/2014 12:43:55 PM
Considering the fact that it was virtually impossible to find a game of Halo *without* cheaters, and the average age of those cheaters seemed to be somewhere between 7 and 12, combined with the fact that cheating on games like Counter-Strike (with its notorious wall hacks and stuff) didn't happen nearly as often, I'm gonna still say nope. Keep trollin'... I mean trying.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#26That1GuyyPosted 8/18/2014 12:44:17 PM
Although lower graphics settings makes it easier to see through particle and smoke effects like fire grenades and smoke grenades in Counter-Strike: GO. Also, with lower settings exploding frag grenades glitch out smoke and allow you to momentarily see through it. I've yet to experience that on high settings since a recent patch.
---
#27That1GuyyPosted 8/18/2014 12:45:34 PM
I don't think I've experienced cheaters on console Halo since Halo 2, and that was all exploiting poor network code that only ever existed on the original Xbox LIVE.
---
#28Kokuei05Posted 8/18/2014 12:46:13 PM
Yeah you're wrong. Just because your monitor is refreshing at 60 hz doesn't mean having more than 60 FPS doesn't give you an advantage. Recoil for instance is different depending on the amount of FPS you get.

TL;DR don't argue a point without even playing the game.
---
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S
#29That1GuyyPosted 8/18/2014 12:47:49 PM
Kokuei05 posted...
Recoil for instance is different depending on the amount of FPS you get.

Do you have a source on that?
---
#30Worknofun370Posted 8/18/2014 12:48:21 PM
That1Guyy posted...
Kokuei05 posted...
Recoil for instance is different depending on the amount of FPS you get.

Do you have a source on that?

Seconded
---
hasa diga eebowai