This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't PC gamers want more remastered games but console gamers do?

#11KalammerPosted 8/18/2014 2:46:36 PM
Most PC gamers have enough brain cells to realize that the only way gaming continues to grow and get better is if chances are taken on new ideas, rather than focusing on polishing the turds of the past.
---
"My job isn't to offer help in the way that you mean." - Boogiepop
#12jake-sfPosted 8/18/2014 2:49:21 PM
Kalammer posted...
Most PC gamers have enough brain cells to realize that the only way gaming continues to grow and get better is if chances are taken on new ideas, rather than focusing on polishing the turds of the past.

Yeah, not quite.

The best changes of making better games is to learn from the past.

Of course, neither of what you said implies that, and thats why gaming is at its worst.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#13GarquillPosted 8/18/2014 2:50:04 PM
the biggest thing about remastering games is the resolution

usually we can just change the ini file for old games or use a quick hack someone made
---
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#14BogePosted 8/18/2014 2:53:06 PM(edited)
SinisterSlay posted...
Is Skyrim with mods a remastered game?

Seriously, what's a remastered game when in the context of a PC game?

Probably Balder's Gate, the enhanced edition. I've never played it, so I don't know how it compares, but it would probably be considered a remastered version.

I think we'd all enjoy a remastered version of Diablo 1 and 2.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#15ClashtonnPosted 8/18/2014 2:53:58 PM
Well the min reason is PC games don't need to be remastered to work on newer consoles, because backwards compatibility isn't an issue.

The other reason is PC gets more games, so we're not bored enough to get as hyped over old games with slight improvements.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#16The cranky hermitPosted 8/18/2014 3:00:48 PM
"Remastering" on consoles is a misnomer, and usually just means "we increased the resolution."

PC games can do that out of the box, making it the whole concept pointless. It would be like selling milk to dairy farmers.
---
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!
#17DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/18/2014 3:06:41 PM
Boge posted...
From my point of view, there aren't really many older PC games that aren't enjoyable anymore. For some reason many older console games feel dated moreso than older PC games. They become intolerable where the older PC games are still good to play. It's probably due to the higher resolution of PC games as well as mouse and keyboard controls.

TBH, I think it's framerate. Nothing quite like booting up a decade old game only to find it runs like crap.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#18OreoBoy206Posted 8/18/2014 3:11:40 PM
I don't think the publishers think PC gamers would buy remastered games. With PS4 and XBOX One they are selling a remastered version of a game that's unavailable on those platforms. With PC they would be re-selling a prettier version of a game that is already available on the platform.

It just doesn't sound very smart to sell what is essentially the same game twice on one platform, unless they are willing to greatly reduce the price for the new version.
#19GoldninjaPosted 8/18/2014 3:21:31 PM
Aren't remastered games just games with a higher resolution? PC games do that anyway, so there's usually no need for it.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#20TimePharaohPosted 8/18/2014 3:37:17 PM
Because peasants are stupid