This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't PC gamers want more remastered games but console gamers do?

#31ggf162Posted 8/18/2014 5:10:19 PM
Aegis_Runestone posted...
Boge posted...
From my point of view, there aren't really many older PC games that aren't enjoyable anymore. For some reason many older console games feel dated moreso than older PC games. They become intolerable where the older PC games are still good to play. It's probably due to the higher resolution of PC games as well as mouse and keyboard controls.

gog.com would like to have a word with you about "not many older PC games that aren't enjoyable anymore"

Did you even read his post or just that one bit?
---
The constructive use of riches is better than their possession.
#32TimePharaohPosted 8/18/2014 5:40:26 PM
Boge posted...
From my point of view, there aren't really many older PC games that aren't enjoyable anymore. For some reason many older console games feel dated moreso than older PC games. They become intolerable where the older PC games are still good to play. It's probably due to the higher resolution of PC games as well as mouse and keyboard controls.

gog.com would like to have a word with you about "not many older PC games that aren't enjoyable anymore"

You might want to learn how words work broski.
#33TheSpectrePosted 8/18/2014 5:50:15 PM
because an upres patch gets put out by passionate modders and boom...."remastered version"
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#34IzicialPosted 8/18/2014 5:58:58 PM
Because most PC game support higher resolutions than the current standard by default.

Also just about every PC game can still be played on a modern PC.

The lack of BC in consoles is probably what sparks and interest in remakes.
---
Check out my SL 1 playthrough of Dark Souls II on my channel Izzy Games.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL19gU5IpjVkl-9LtY2ASx8ouTspMrGfN_
#35gunner967Posted 8/18/2014 6:02:41 PM
I play on both PC and console, I can make an attempt.
-On console, you're limited by the hardware. The Last Of Us was released last year and looks a lot better on the PS4- but if they had stuck the original on PC it probably would have looked and ran even better. On PC, developers can make games as pretty as they want the first time around- buying a new computer or upgrading every few years is just a fact of PCs.
-There's really no (legal) way to make console games look better except re-release on new platforms. An example of this not working on PC is Skyrim. It looked decent when it came out, nothing insane but it still looked nice. But with a few mods, it's almost photorealistic. Skyrim with mods probably looks better than Crysis 3.
-Backwards compatibility or lack thereof. You didn't see this whole "HD remaster" crap spring up until after Sony ditched the backwards compatible PS3 and came out with the first couple collections. Companies saw that this worked, and now 2 of the 3 new consoles can't play the last one's games. Sure, you can stream on PS Now and stuff but you still have to pay to play a game you ALREADY OWN. On PC, most things run natively. If not, I just use the compatibility settings. Even games from the DOS era can still run with an emulator.
---
XBL A Killing Pie~PSN A_Killing_Pie~Steam Scooby Doo
"I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!"
#36beutlich99Posted 8/18/2014 6:05:04 PM
That seems a bit of an over generalization.
#37Aegis_RunestonePosted 8/18/2014 6:07:08 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Boge posted...

You might want to learn how words work broski.

Do'h. Silly me.
---
http://tinyurl.com/n36722v <- feel free to use, do not steal.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/402828/
#38pigwarts5everPosted 8/18/2014 6:30:36 PM
I only use console but I assume its because loads of games are always coming to PC (just look at steam) but console games have long break between solid ones.
#39odcrl001Posted 8/18/2014 6:35:08 PM
Because you can remaster them yourself.
---
The oldest GameFAQs user in history (besides Mods)
#40ThePylonPosted 8/18/2014 6:38:56 PM
Im pretty sure "Remaster" is just consolespeak for "turn up the settings" or "install a sweetfx type mod". So why spend cash on that? I already do when I upgrade my GPU.
---
I play too many different games to even care.