This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't PC gamers want more remastered games but console gamers do?

#41HolyKnight199Posted 8/18/2014 8:46:35 PM
Even if they made remastered versions of PC games, the only way I'd buy it is if there is a lot of new additional content that you can't get from a simple DLC and I like the game enough to purchase it twice, and even then I'd probably wait for a Steam sale.

Because upgraded graphics, bug fixes, etc.? That's what mods are for.
---
Peace!
#42VoxwikPosted 8/18/2014 8:49:28 PM
Where are you pulling this 'PC gamers don't want remasters' out of a hat from? I'm tempted by that Fable remaster coming since I didn't play it yet, even though I got it the older version for a couple dollars in the summer Steam sale.
#43Garage_ManPosted 8/18/2014 9:37:44 PM
Speak for yourself, I can think of dozens of PC games that can use a remaster.
#44w0 0tPosted 8/19/2014 2:52:48 AM
kingoffps posted...
I can "remaster" (at least in the way that console developers use the term) my PC games whenever I want. I go Settings -> Display and then click a resolution higher than the current one. Boom! Remastered.

If my GPU is struggling and keeps coughing, then it's time to get a new one. Then ALL of my games remaster their framerates.

That's the problem with console "remastering", it's just that.
Want a real remaster? Pokemon Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remastered of their respective original versions. Not just prettier resolution, but gameplay (maybe even engine) overhaul as well.

That said, I do wish for a remastered Morrowind.
---
Why does jesus need to change skills? Resurrect is pretty OP in HC. Even with the 3 day CD. - wildog2006
#45ClashtonnPosted 8/19/2014 2:55:17 AM
w0 0t posted...
kingoffps posted...
I can "remaster" (at least in the way that console developers use the term) my PC games whenever I want. I go Settings -> Display and then click a resolution higher than the current one. Boom! Remastered.

If my GPU is struggling and keeps coughing, then it's time to get a new one. Then ALL of my games remaster their framerates.

Want a real remaster? Pokemon Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remastered of their respective original versions. Not just prettier resolution, but gameplay (maybe even engine) overhaul as well.

Those aren't remasters they're remakes.

Remastered is a different concept.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#46DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/19/2014 3:01:24 AM
On the topic of remakes/remasters, berserker@quake2 got an update since I last bothered paying attention to it that's quite impressive.
It's a pretty damn impressive sourceport, more for the dedication of redoing the assets and less for the actual backend code of the sourceport.(infact, I can hit ~60fps pretty easily even with a 4690k just by jacking up the reflection settings.)
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#47TowerBooks3192Posted 8/19/2014 4:55:53 AM
Remastered Master of Orion 2 and Heroes of Might and Magic 3 would be nice.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#48kingoffpsPosted 8/19/2014 5:34:28 AM
Clashtonn posted...
w0 0t posted...
kingoffps posted...

Those aren't remasters they're remakes.

Remastered is a different concept.

Try telling that to Nintendo. Wind Waker HD and Ocarina of Time 3DS are constantly referred to as "remakes" which annoys the hell out of me. A port with new features is not a remake. To remake it you have to do exactly that, you have to REMAKE the game. Like those Pokemon examples that the chap above listed. Or REmake (which is coming to PC soon :D)

In the case of Wind Waker, they increased the resolution and added bloom everywhere. Oh and they made it so you can access the inventory screen without pausing the game. Mind blowing!

In the case of OoT, they just increased the damn framerate.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#49GoldninjaPosted 8/19/2014 8:22:54 AM
Uh... in OoT, the graphics were completely different. wasn't just a framerate increase.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#50xanthan1Posted 8/19/2014 8:25:33 AM
Goldninja posted...
Uh... in OoT, the graphics were completely different. wasn't just a framerate increase.

Based on the rest of his post I'm pretty sure he needs glasses.