This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does this card support G-Sync?

#1YaLikeDagsPosted 8/19/2014 1:16:58 AM
My current GPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130787

I don't see it in the title or specs anywhere like it is with other GPUs, so I'm wondering does anyone know if this card supports G-Sync?

The base 670 shows up here as G-Sync supported
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/supported-gpus
But I don't know if mine being from EVGA or "ftw" affect the compatibility in any way.
---
=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
I like Caravans more.
#2AsellusPosted 8/19/2014 1:31:42 AM
It does.
#3ShubPosted 8/19/2014 4:06:24 AM
G-Sync support depends on the GPU and the drivers. All the GPUs come straight from nVidia, no matter who sells them to you (in your case, EVGA), and with what added value (in your case, a factory overclock because it's a cherry-picked chip), and the drivers are also made by nVidia.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/supported-gpus

If you have a card listed here, no matter the brand you bought it from, basically you're golden.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#4iemerg_Posted 8/19/2014 4:17:12 AM
G-SYNCH is such a dumb technology... Just throw on VSYNC same difference.
---
"Only real men can cook bacon shirtless" me
#5AsellusPosted 8/19/2014 4:40:44 AM
iemerg_ posted...

Not really, no. V-sync is your video card trying to stay synced with your monitor at a particular frequency, usually 60 updates per second. G-sync allows the monitor to sync with your video card at a variable frequency, in principle you should have the best of both worlds from v-sync being on as well it being off. No screen tearing from the video card updating the scene before the monitor's finished drawing the last one, no "factors of 60" framerate drops caused by the monitor's updates being on an inflexible schedule (ie 55 fps with v-sync off becoming 30 fps with it on), no input lag caused by your video card having to sit on buffered frames (at least up to the monitor's max refreshrate which at 144 hz should still be pretty sweet).

I'd wait for reviews to see how well it delivers but it would be quite nice if v-sync could be improved upon.
#6iemerg_Posted 8/19/2014 4:46:18 AM
eh just gimmicks that don't do anything... just like physx.
---
"Only real men can cook bacon shirtless" me
#7KOTRwhoopsPosted 8/19/2014 4:51:20 AM
iemerg_ posted...

Do some research before posting misinformed crap.
---
PLAYING - Destiny Beta (PS4), Dark Souls II (PC), Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
PSN / XBL / NN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555
#8LtMessiahDM504Posted 8/19/2014 6:05:33 AM
Asellus posted...
iemerg_ posted...

Not really, no. V-sync is your video card trying to stay synced with your monitor at a particular frequency, usually 60 updates per second. G-sync allows the monitor to sync with your video card at a variable frequency, in principle you should have the best of both worlds from v-sync being on as well it being off. No screen tearing from the video card updating the scene before the monitor's finished drawing the last one, no "factors of 60" framerate drops caused by the monitor's updates being on an inflexible schedule (ie 55 fps with v-sync off becoming 30 fps with it on), no input lag caused by your video card having to sit on buffered frames (at least up to the monitor's max refreshrate which at 144 hz should still be pretty sweet).

I'd wait for reviews to see how well it delivers but it would be quite nice if v-sync could be improved upon.

From what some have said, and of eurogamers review, its mostly good from 50-60 fps. When it drops below that you start to notice the fps drop. So its not the end all be all. Decided I would wait to see where this free sync vs g sync takes us and if tweaks are made to improve either over the next year or two before I choose. Much rather 120+light boost tbh...
#9ShubPosted 8/19/2014 6:15:32 AM
iemerg_ posted...
eh just gimmicks that don't do anything... just like physx.

You seem bitter. Did nVidia kick your dog?
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#10MaxCHEATER64Posted 8/19/2014 6:16:48 AM
KOTRwhoops posted...
iemerg_ posted...

Do some research before posting misinformed crap.

---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003