This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Aeron chair really worth 800 dollars?

#41KillerTrufflePosted 8/20/2014 12:24:24 PM
My PC isn't just for gaming... that could be a difference. I also use it for media editing, voice acting, writing, etc. It gets a lot of use, so I want a good chair.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#42SlyCooper23Posted 8/20/2014 12:36:30 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
My PC isn't just for gaming... that could be a difference. I also use it for media editing, voice acting, writing, etc. It gets a lot of use, so I want a good chair.

Ah, understandable. I use mine generally for gaming, skype, and browsing when I don't feel like using my phone.
---
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
#43ElvenSlurpeePosted 8/20/2014 2:46:49 PM
I have an Aeron at work. It's comfy but I wouldn't pay $800 to get one at home.

I'm not at my desk 100% (more like 40%) of an 8-hour work day, but I never leave with a sore back. So if you are going to spend a lot of time in the chair, it's probably worth it.

When I moved into my own place for the first time, I was on the market for a mattress. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, but all the most comfortable mattresses were ~$1000-2500. I told my Mom about the predicament and she said, "You use your mattress for 8 hours a day, every day. What else do you use that much?" It sold me on a nice mattress. I think the same argument can be made for a chair you'll be sitting in for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
#44KillerTrufflePosted 8/20/2014 2:48:14 PM
ElvenSlurpee posted...
I have an Aeron at work. It's comfy but I wouldn't pay $800 to get one at home.

I'm not at my desk 100% (more like 40%) of an 8-hour work day, but I never leave with a sore back. So if you are going to spend a lot of time in the chair, it's probably worth it.

When I moved into my own place for the first time, I was on the market for a mattress. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, but all the most comfortable mattresses were ~$1000-2500. I told my Mom about the predicament and she said, "You use your mattress for 8 hours a day, every day. What else do you use that much?" It sold me on a nice mattress. I think the same argument can be made for a chair you'll be sitting in for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Exactly my point. And mattresses are sucky expensive, but they're also another example of something it's really good to not skimp on. Heck... I'm pretty much due to replace our Cal-king mattress, and totally not looking forward to that expense.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#45HypnotizerPosted 8/20/2014 5:48:41 PM
I have one at work that I sit in. It is very comfy. Kind of like sitting on a cloud. Great for my back and derriere!
---
PSN ID: hypnotizer1977
Xbox Live: hipnotizer