This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Humble Bundle (pretty decent one)

#11Demon_Hunter94Posted 8/19/2014 12:23:57 PM
Got the BTA for KOF and CK2 which I have been wanting to try for a while. All the $1 games look pretty interesting also.

Already have Terraria though so if anyone wants it, I'll PM it to the first person who PMs me.
---
Not changing this Sig until the Dallas Stars Win the Cup
Started 7/10/11
#12bluemooglePosted 8/19/2014 12:24:12 PM
I already own all the good games from this bundle, but this is indeed a very good bundle. Terraria and CK2 alone will give a lot of hours of fun.
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#13RawePosted 8/19/2014 12:43:39 PM
Can someone explain how the humble bundle works?
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#14DawnshadowPosted 8/19/2014 12:54:34 PM
Rawe posted...
Can someone explain how the humble bundle works?

Yep!

It's broken up into three tiers. $1 or more will get you the lowest tier (Van Helsing, Galactic Civs, and Deadlight.) Beating the average donation (currently at around $5; it usually goes up as the sale goes on) will get you everything but the Age of Empires bundle, including the extra games they'll add in one week. And donating $15 or more will get you the Age of Empires games, plus everything else.

You get to choose how your donation is split between the developers of the games, charity, and the Humble Bundle site (to pay for bandwidth and infrastructure.)

Once you've paid, you're given a page that lists your games. You link to your Steam account (click a button, you're sent to Steam, which tells Humble you're clear; you never give Humble your Steam information directly) and you click a button to add the games to Steam, or you can click the gift box to give that game to someone else. They no longer give out Steam key codes because unscrupulous retailers were donating to get a bunch of keys, then reselling them at full retail price.
---
*Turn Evil can now be cast on players. When used, it applies a small goatee and causes them to explain their diabolical plans while steepling their fingers.
#15KillerTrufflePosted 8/19/2014 1:13:42 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
Worth it for KOF alone.

How is Galactic Civilizations?

GalCiv II is, in my opinion, the best space 4x game since Master of Orion II. They get everything pretty much just right, and as an added bonus, you can actually design not just the loadout of your ships, but their appearance too. If you like 4x games (i.e. Civilization), you owe it to yourself to try GalCiv II.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#16RawePosted 8/19/2014 1:41:20 PM
So let me understand this. I pay $5 and I get 6 games, which includes crusader kings and king of fighters...AND van helsing?
---
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#17xanthan1Posted 8/19/2014 1:45:57 PM(edited)
Rawe posted...
So let me understand this. I pay $5 and I get 6 games, which includes crusader kings and king of fighters...AND van helsing?

$5.22 right now, but yeah pretty much.
#18nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2014 1:50:10 PM
$5.22 at the moment, to be exact. You need to pay at least 1 cent more than the average to get the BTA games. Moments after payment you get an email from humble bundle which leads to a page with activation buttons (or with direct downloads or whatever you may need). Click on the button to redeem the game and you have it (you may need to log in on the Steam website to redeem the game though).

But yeah, humble bundles can offer A LOT of value for you money. I also got games like Batman Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Saints Row 2 & 3, Dead Island, Serious Sam 3, The Swapper, Scribblenauts Unlimited and many more in the past year or so from it.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#19KillerTrufflePosted 8/19/2014 1:58:51 PM
Rawe posted...

You have to pay more than the average by at least a penny, but then you get all the games in the BTA category, as well as all the games in the base ($1 minimum for Steam codes) category.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#20RawePosted 8/19/2014 2:05:55 PM
That's. ...quite insane. Considering one game out of yhe list goes on sale on steam on steam for at least $5 from time to time.
---