This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't Skyrim's cities look as good as Witcher's?

#21TimePharaohPosted 8/20/2014 2:42:04 AM
heeeee1eeeee posted...
Why can't the Witcher be as fun as Skyrim?

Because why would anyone want to notch down the fun to match Skyrim?
#22MackorovPosted 8/20/2014 2:51:00 AM
heeeee1eeeee posted...
Why can't the Witcher be as fun as Skyrim?

Skyrim? Fun? Which part? The plastic combat? Doing the repetitive quests?
#23Hi CPosted 8/20/2014 2:59:52 AM
nickizgr8 posted...
Because:

Skyrim released 3 years ago on old consoles.

Yet Morrowind actually did everything better.
#24NemerlightPosted 8/20/2014 3:04:44 AM
Morrowing combat was terrible and it looked even worse.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#25ClouddxPosted 8/20/2014 3:43:46 AM
Dat lag...
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#26SpazH3dPosted 8/20/2014 3:49:56 AM(edited)
Because Bethesda are terrible developers that rarely changes anything to improve a game. Make the games more flashy and remove content. For every new game they make.

Oh and before you say it, Bethdesda didn't make Dishonored, or Wet, or any other game you think they made. Developer vs. Producer.
---
- My vision is augmented
#27KaiserWarriorPosted 8/20/2014 4:42:49 AM
Because the majority of a Witcher city is completely non-interactive window dressing, akin to those prop towns in westerns that are just a bunch of boards stood up and painted to look like buildings. Easy to make, and impressive to look at if you never bother to actually try interacting with it. Incredibly disappointing otherwise.
#28FulvipPosted 8/20/2014 5:26:25 AM
Because Bethesda releases games knowing that the mod community will be all over them fixing mistakes and making them better.

Then, when someone asks, "Is Skyrim a good game?" The answer is "Yes... with mods." Which means no.
---
"I tried prayer... and my .44. But the devil is wearing kevlar and bible thumping only pisses them off."
#29Bmvc1Posted 8/20/2014 5:34:23 AM
Allmattered posted...
nickizgr8 posted...
Because:

Skyrim released 3 years ago on old consoles.

Ever heard of open world? GTA 4? Assassin's Creed? Hello?
2011 is already a late time for games to be at their peak

Not sure if serious. Those are completely different types of games when it all takes place in the city.the first AC is the same cities retextured.
#30kill_distroyPosted 8/20/2014 5:41:36 AM
Because bigger =/= better.

Because Skyrim's cities were bigger than The Witcher 2's 2-3 cities (can't remember how many?).

Because if you're comparing games compare Skyrim to Witcher 2, since they both came out in 2011. You're not making that comparison because you know it wouldn't work in your favor.

Because Skyrim's cities had to take into consideration the limitations of old-gen consoles that can't really handle big cities like The Witcher 3's.

Because Skyrim cities are far more interactive. You can enter every single building and talk to everyone. Every single NPC is programmed with a certain schedule and are not just randoms that do nothing.

Because games are supposed to improve and get even bigger 3-4 years later.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RiseQ8