This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't Skyrim's cities look as good as Witcher's?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why can't Skyrim's cities look as good as Witcher's?
1 year ago#31
Mackorov posted...
heeeee1eeeee posted...
Why can't the Witcher be as fun as Skyrim?

Skyrim? Fun? Which part? The plastic combat? Doing the repetitive quests?

Have you ever played the Witcher? Skyrim combat is passable, it's not great but it's not bad. Witcher combat is flat out terrible and makes the game almost unplayable
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
1 year ago#32
Nemerlight posted...
Morrowing combat was terrible and it looked even worse.

I know, in Morrowind you would just walk up to the enemy and mash the attack button, thank hell we've advanced so far to Skyrim where you uh....
---
Do Unto Others Before They Do Unto You.
1 year ago#33
kill_distroy posted...
Because bigger =/= better.

Because Skyrim's cities were bigger than The Witcher 2's 2-3 cities (can't remember how many?).

Because if you're comparing games compare Skyrim to Witcher 2, since they both came out in 2011. You're not making that comparison because you know it wouldn't work in your favor.

Because Skyrim's cities had to take into consideration the limitations of old-gen consoles that can't really handle big cities like The Witcher 3's.

Because Skyrim cities are far more interactive. You can enter every single building and talk to everyone. Every single NPC is programmed with a certain schedule and are not just randoms that do nothing.

Because games are supposed to improve and get even bigger 3-4 years later.

end of topic.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
1 year ago#34
Knighted Dragon posted...
Have you ever played the Witcher? Skyrim combat is passable, it's not great but it's not bad. Witcher combat is flat out terrible and makes the game almost unplayable

lol somebody was bad at the combat. I guess it makes sense though, that's why you though combat in Skyrim was good - because it was so easy.
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
1 year ago#35
Dante200X posted...
lol somebody was bad at the combat. I guess it makes sense though, that's why you though combat in Skyrim was good - because it was so easy.

Lulz? Drink potion, spam left mouse is supposed to be difficult, then?

Or, if you're playing Witcher 2, roll-combo-roll-combo-roll-combo is supposed to be difficult?

The Witcher games were alright, but pretending that their combat is any deeper than Bethesda's games is laughable.
1 year ago#36
KaiserWarrior posted...
but pretending that their combat is any deeper than Bethesda's games is laughable.

They definitely are deeper than Bethesda's, yes.
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.
1 year ago#37
I cannot for the life of me get into the combat in Elder Scrolls.

Attacks have no weight to them; there's hardly any indication of whether or not you hit someone so you're constantly just spamming attack and hoping something happens. What makes things worse is that I always prefer melee in action RPGs, and there's nothing redeeming about the swordfighting.

At least I'm not the only one who didn't click with Skyrim. Everybody I know has like hundreds of hours put into it and I just don't get it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
1 year ago#38
TropicMoon10 posted...
I cannot for the life of me get into the combat in Elder Scrolls.

Attacks have no weight to them; there's hardly any indication of whether or not you hit someone so you're constantly just spamming attack and hoping something happens. What makes things worse is that I always prefer melee in action RPGs, and there's nothing redeeming about the swordfighting.

At least I'm not the only one who didn't click with Skyrim. Everybody I know has like hundreds of hours put into it and I just don't get it.

I never understood this argument. No game in existence that has a health bar, has "weight" in the combat. This is because in real life, a single hit from a sword kills you, not several over and over.
If the game "had weight" a single hit would knock you off your feet, probably take a few body parts, and if you could somehow get back up, you would get stabbed.
Since this would be really lame to play, instead we get dice rolling and critical hits. If it's non critical, you shrug it off, if it is critical, you get knocked back.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
1 year ago#39
Please, i make bigger cities in SimCity 3000, than both of those.
---
I didn't know why the ball was getting bigger.
Then it hit me.
1 year ago#40
SinisterSlay posted...

I never understood this argument. No game in existence that has a health bar, has "weight" in the combat. This is because in real life, a single hit from a sword kills you, not several over and over.
If the game "had weight" a single hit would knock you off your feet, probably take a few body parts, and if you could somehow get back up, you would get stabbed.
Since this would be really lame to play, instead we get dice rolling and critical hits. If it's non critical, you shrug it off, if it is critical, you get knocked back.

I don't think we're talking about the same type of "weight" here.

I'm not talking in a literal sense. I just prefer if attacks in action games had some sort of gratifying impact when you hit someone. Good example would be Dark Souls, the Arkham series, and even the meleeing in Team Fortress 2 is very satisfying.

Skyrim feels floaty and lacks much depth. There is no satisfying impact when you hit someone. The animations feel off. It feels unpolished like a cheap MMO.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why can't Skyrim's cities look as good as Witcher's?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived